Radiator question

Doug

Any of you guys know the difference between a 72 and 77 radiator, or more to the point, can I put the 77 into a 72? the 72 is a S/B with A/C.
I don't have the 77 radiator here to compare the differences.

Thanks, Doug

Not completely certain but I think the 72 is 26" core and the 77 is bigger (26.5"core?).

Doug, I have come across 3 lengths of radiators in the Vette 24" 26" and 27". And from what I have seen the one that was installed at the factory depended on the motor, transmission and AC Combo. Interchangeability depended on the brackets, so if you change lengths you will need different brackets. And the different brackets also changes with the shrouds. (For my '69 there we so many combinations that I do not think NCRS has ever figured it out". Now all these brackets, shrouds and etc. changed from year to year. The likely answer is yes they will interchange, and they interchange easily if they are the same length, but go check out Dewitt's web site and see if it offers any guidance. Oh and I almost forgot. Some of the radiators needed notches on the bottom side of the hood to fit. George

Thanks for the replys guys.
From what I've found out the 77 radiator is 1/2ins taller and just under 1 ins wider, and the inlets are smaller. Just waiting for a pic of the radiator, not certain it's a 77. Would be nice to get something locally rather than wait for shipping.

Will check Dewitts site and see what info they have.

Thanks, Doug