Plug Cap HORROR!!!!!

I've never heard of knave plate, I call them hubcaps too.

The confusion about toilets works the other way too. I was in a bar in Dallas a few years ago and I asked the barman where the toilet was. He looked at me a bit weird and said "in the restroom" :suicide:

Well It's happened again(melted spark plug boot/cap
on No.6 cylinder.).:banghead:
They're brand new leads (Top Gun).
But I think I found a possible cause, It's only happened
since putting on my chrome manifold covers and on closer
inspection I noticed that the steering box is blocking the air flow around that side of the motor(Righthand drive).
I've installed some heat sheilds to the boots & we'll see
how that goes,if that doesn't work I'll try removing the cover.
Cheers for now:drink:

inspection I noticed that the steering box is blocking the air flow around that side of the motor(Righthand drive).

Gav, I have NEVER had any luck beyond a temporary fix for plug boots and headers.....the FIX I chose was a full set of Jacobs spark plug boots...Summitracing.com or some company makes a ceramic plug extender that seems to work well also....but I have never used them.....
I stuck them on my car, shouting....MELT THAT BITCH!!! :hissyfit::censored:

The company that makes the extenders is Wrench Rat out of I think Oregon or Washington St. They have a website. I have a full set and have not had a melted wire since installing them. They're about $30.00 US each.

The company that makes the extenders is Wrench Rat out of I think Oregon or Washington St. They have a website. I have a full set and have not had a melted wire since installing them. They're about $30.00 US each.

30 EACH?? the Jacobs are something like 15 each...I bought a set of 8 on account of I just covered ALL bases....I was ROCKET PISSED....:clobbered::bomb::cussing:

thum_647499adcf6c3230.jpg

Here are the spark arms. I like them because they are 360* adjustable. You can position them any way necessary to get the wire safe and lock them in that position.

Last edited:

I put a brand new set of high quality Belden plug wires on my '73 when I had it dyno tuned last August. Melted several boots within a couple of weeks. I have Sanderson cast headers. I ended up finding some Taylor high temp silicone boots and replaced all of the Belden boots. Then I installed some DEI fiberglass heat socks. So far so good. If I end up with any more failures, I'm going to the ceramic boots Gene mentioned.

DC