Ol' Red's new Bonnet

TimAT

Addict, Cruise-In Bird-Run 1 Veteran
Some of you may recall I got a hood from VANACOR before they folded. I finally got around to getting it painted. Still have to get it all polished, but considering I used a 1980's vintage siphon spray gun that I've had around since then, and it was 1985 the last time I did any painting, it didn't come out too bad.

234ffce8e422d6d.jpg

234ffce8e3e6687.jpg

Nice Job Tim. How high is that hood...I mean bonnet:quote: I think the RamJet would have fit under there. Could have saved me alot of work. :thumbs:

I was thinking the same thing, for sure it would have fit with clearance to spare

Ol Red looks good Tim. It would look even better on a Bird Run.:idea:

looks like the paint is a perfect match ???? Did you have leftover paint from when you painted the rest of the car ?

What are you planning that you need all that space?

Jesus, Tim! You're going to have to raise your seat 4 inches just to see over that thing!
Nice job, BTW.

:shocking::p

Tim damn neary MY height, and I suspect he maybe wear a HAT from time to time, and so.....he do THAT, he going to be better off selling the car to ME,

:clap::shocking::p

To be frank I'm not big fan of tall hood, but to each his own, hell it's vettemod here.
Was the move purely aesthetic of you're planning something special?

note: paint looks great!

Last edited:
What are you planning that you need all that space?

He needs to jamb that 2x4 manny in there.:devil:

Actually, the C66R 2x4 manifold will fit under a BB hood. It's the open plenum Weiand that won't fit. It's about 3" too much for the BB hood. I'm on the fence about which one to put on there. Go for the power or the bling. But at least I have the option.

Jesus, Tim! You're going to have to raise your seat 4 inches just to see over that thing!
Nice job, BTW.

:shocking::p

Tim damn neary MY height, and I suspect he maybe wear a HAT from time to time, and so.....he do THAT, he going to be better off selling the car to ME,

:clap::shocking::p
Close there Gene. I got no roof- I could swipe old Abe's stovepipe and still not hit. Need a bucket of everyone's favorite SUPERGLUE to keep it on.

I think there are options one can do to visually minimize the look of a tall L-88 hood. I choose the LT-1 stripes because I really like the look. I have seen other hood designs that do a good job of this as well.
174ca14ec947065.jpg

174bcbbfabc905c.jpg

Talk about cramming 10 lbs of shit in a 5 lb bag :smash:

174ca14ec88b640.jpg

I'm thinking about adding some stripes- I've always been partial to this one.
The hood has the blue background, white edges and stars, in the center of each side the Goodyear logo. Drop the logo and add a couple more stars.

The hood has the blue background, white edges and stars, in the center of each side the Goodyear logo. Drop the logo and add a couple more stars.

Denise would have to wear her "Daisy Dukes."

Denise would have to wear her "Daisy Dukes."

If you have some extra time, you can sell that to her.:banghead: I don't have time. But thanks!