Not really a Bird Run, but---

TimAT

Addict, Cruise-In Bird-Run 1 Veteran
I'm in SoCal on a project that's running Monday-Friday so weekends are "find something to do". I got Bird his son Frank and Ralph to come up for a tour of 10 Tanker- http://www.10tanker.com/
They got to spend a couple of hours crawling around the airplane.
234fd6aa9cb8300.jpg
234fd6a66696751.jpg
Bird, Ralph, and Frank out on a wing
234fd6a8dab1ad5.jpg
In the forward cargo compartment- looking at the control system for the external tanks. The young lady in the picture is the maintenance manager for 10 Tanker.
234fd6a6f55fdc7.jpg
Captain Bird???

Turns out to be a good thing we went Saturday- The airplane left Monday afternoon to go to work. One of these days if there's enough guys interested, we can do this again.

Last edited:
Thanks again Tim.
Believe me boys, we had a blast. All in all, a greeat day in the So. Cal. desert.:cool:

TimAT;97331 [ATTACH=full said:
33977[/ATTACH]
Captain Bird???

Turns out to be a good thing we went Saturday- The airplane left Monday afternoon to go to work. One of these days if there's enough guys interested, we can do this again.

Looks like Captain Nird to me.....IS that a GARY T shire you got on there man?? looks like mine....

long lost krazy bro I never had.........

:yahoo::hi::devil:

Impressive!

My wife was watcing the weather channel a few moments ago and said there was a video on of the fires in Colorado (I think Colorado).....anyway, it looked like there was one of these tankers dumping retardant or something.

They blamed the dry timber/dead trees on a beetle which was killing them casuing acre after acre of dead trees.

Right now, the one in the picture (911) is in Arizona. Not sure if they're flying on fires in AZ or New Mexico. I've heard from a couple of guys at work they've seen video. Pretty impressive, seeing 11,600 gallons getting dumped.
There are youtube videos all over the place.

Tragic as all this shit IS, I have visited the SW regions near Mexico, from Eastern Texas over the border to N Mex, near enough, and to So Cal San Diego, and passed over the border many times....

but the ONE thing I noted was the total and complete difference in vegetation...

Mexicao was BARREN, and just north of the Rio Grande, America was GREEN....

NOW, just exactly WHY?? it it really FARMS draining the famed Ogallah (sp?) reservoir?? or just why the strange dichotomy between our countries, and so I question all the water use to grow vegetation in a desert in the first place....

The kind of question I"m asking seems to be a 3rd rail of typical green weenie poly ticks....

:flash: