No turning back now

You can put the springs in later..Good try....:crutches:, now get back to work.:D

:push:Doooooooooooh Hey i tried :tomato: alright i will get back to work :smash:

Can those springs be installed with the doors on with out too much hassle :confused2:

You can put the springs in later..Good try....:crutches:, now get back to work.:D

:push:Doooooooooooh Hey i tried :tomato: alright i will get back to work :smash:

Can those springs be installed with the doors on with out too much hassle :confused2:

Well, they really shouldn't snap any worse at you than what happened to Bird there with his finger....

:harhar:

I install them on the car using a bent screwdriver. Takes a little finesse, but not too bad. Tap up the bottom of the spring once it's in place. It will bottom out and lock in place.

Painted the jambs today,put on the base coat,then an hour later applied the clear coat. I think it turned out pretty good,the clear in spots has more orange peel than others so i guess i will have a little wet sanding to do. That clear coat is sticky mess :suspicious:
001.jpg
002.jpg
004.jpg

Hmmmm...... shiny black..... looks good..... keep the pics coming

:D:D

Hey what are you guys using for rubbing and polishing compound after the wet sanding.

Pretty shiny black,can't wait to see the whole car done :cool:
But lot's of work still to be done.

I wetsanded 2000 and 2500, had to use 1500 in a few spots..... used Evercoat rubbing compound and dark glaze with a $30 harbor freight buffer - cheap :3rd:

I have lots of this stuff leftover, incl foam, buffing pads and wool pads.... I can send it to you, I won't need it until my KarmannGhia is painted...

I wetsanded 2000 and 2500, had to use 1500 in a few spots..... used Evercoat rubbing compound and dark glaze with a $30 harbor freight buffer - cheap :3rd:

I have lots of this stuff leftover, incl foam, buffing pads and wool pads.... I can send it to you, I won't need it until my KarmannGhia is painted...

I would like to use it :yahoo: when will you have the Ghia painted? I want to rub out the jambs before i install the doors,but probably won't have the rest of the car painted for another couple of month's. I have plenty of wet sand paper ranging from 1500-2500.

I don't think I'll have the Ghia painted anytime soon.... PM me your address again and I'll get the box ready :)

It's on it's way: the buffer, several foam pads (use the black 3M pad only for the dark glaze), the rubbing compound, glaze, wool pad.... you should have it by Tuesday (Priority USPS).

Use water with the rubbing compound, it's messy but works really good ... start on a slow speed setting, otherwise it'll throw the stuff all over your walls.... :thumbs:

It's on it's way: the buffer, several foam pads (use the black 3M pad only for the dark glaze), the rubbing compound, glaze, wool pad.... you should have it by Tuesday (Priority USPS).

Use water with the rubbing compound, it's messy but works really good ... start on a slow speed setting, otherwise it'll throw the stuff all over your walls.... :thumbs:

Thank you Karsten :bounce: i have already wet sanded the jambs and ready to buff them out.
you know that wet sanding makes your hands very smooth :amazed:

Well today was the last day to use any types of firearm for deer hunting,so i got back to work on the vette,got the door put back on the drivers side its still not aligned to my liking but its close,but it never was perfect.The hardest part of this whole ordeal was getting all those wires back through the door where they belong UMMMFFF :sweat: get the passenger on tomorrow and back to the body work.

BTW: deer season is not over yet,i can bow hunt till Jan 15 :D

Buy your beef at the store and get back to work !!!!!

:yahoo::waxer::1st:

All right BOSS,i take it play time is over,time to put up the camo and all my weapons of destruction and get back to it :waxer:

:lol::lol::lol:

...you know that wet sanding makes your hands very smooth :amazed:
Well, try sanding the paint and not your hands :lol:

OH! sometimes i get distracted and side tracked,but you are right if i would put the sandpaper to the car instead of my hand,this project would probably move along a little faster :eek:h:

But my hands are smooth now :nuts: