new member pittsburgh, pa

fastcompany2

Hi all. new to the forums . i have a 76 corvette in near perfect condition but in need of a little bit more performance. engine has been half built ( top end only) 350 tranny with full manual shift kit and hooker side pipes. I really like the car and joined up here to see what kind of mods you guys were coming up with for it. Also if anyone in the pittsburgh area is in need of help i am a race car mechanic in Glenshaw. i work on cars like ours all the time from street cars to full blown race cars.

Welcome to the motley crew.....

:yahoo: Another hotrodder.....:hi: gotta love it.....

there is nothing stock about my car, from wheels to roof, nothing....:bonkers:

ha thats funny i have actually had customers buy certain cars because they wanted something fast that would not be reliable.

ha. no one of our customers drives an acura nsx and is actually interested in a ferrari basically because he wants something that will break and need worked on...i don't know the logic behind it some people with money just like to spend it i guess.

ha. no one of our customers drives an acura nsx and is actually interested in a ferrari basically because he wants something that will break and need worked on...i don't know the logic behind it some people with money just like to spend it i guess.

Years ago there was a shop called Modifications Unlimited, in Kensington Maryland, outside DC, I used to hang there a little bit ....they were the only licensed repair shop for many fancy European badges, back 1/2 a century ago things like Ferrari only dealers were in NYC and Miami so this guy got licensed as a shop for many badges/companies.....and obviously with a name that that, they were the predecessors of guys like on this group here now....

:devil::harhar::goodevil:

well we are not licensed for ferrari repair but happen to be the only shop for quite a distance that knows how to work on them. actually had a corvette fix a 550 maranello last week. security system went crazy on the car and would not let it start. found the siren under the hood to be bad. ferrari wanted 400 for it our cost. 2005 corvette has the same security system in it. same siren but for a price of 76.20.

well we are not licensed for ferrari repair but happen to be the only shop for quite a distance that knows how to work on them. actually had a corvette fix a 550 maranello last week. security system went crazy on the car and would not let it start. found the siren under the hood to be bad. ferrari wanted 400 for it our cost. 2005 corvette has the same security system in it. same siren but for a price of 76.20.

:club: Bandits......, be ME, I would cut one out of the junkyard for 5 bux....

:bump: you know if Corvette uses it, other GM vehicles do also....

:rofl:

no i actually don't think so. its a high end factory alarm system the vette happened to have the exact same one as the ferrari but a porsche 911 uses the system similiar but not the same and for some reason a ford probe uses it. couldn't find any other vehicles.

I kind of understand that.... let's put it another way. Your wife likes fast cars, and encourages you to buy very nice, fast cars. Of course, fast is nice; but faster would be better. Unfortunately, if the car is Corvette reliable, telling your wife you need a turbo system for the car falls upon a great deal of (hmmm, how to nicely describe this) adverse response.

HOWEVER, if the car breaks - then you "have" to fix the problem, and it "only" costs XXX.00 (or XXXXXXX.00 for a ferrari). Then she'll say "oh, yeah you should really fix that "right""

A word of caution - you can only use that line a half-dozen times before your car is referred to as "that lemon" and "why don't you get an economical car" argument.

It just occurred to me that was the problem in my last DD (an 06 GTO) - as we all know, Ferrari GTO was the 1st, and GM shamelessly stole the moniker.... maybe Ferrari cursed GM GTOs by making them as reliable as a Ferrari? :bump: :clobbered:

*It did work out okay, I now have a Hummer that she hates :)

i can't wait to get my first car that my wife hates. there is a lifted K5 blazer in my future....i really want one and i know that she will hate it.

i can't wait to get my first car that my wife hates. there is a lifted K5 blazer in my future....i really want one and i know that she will hate it.

I have a 75 Corvette, an 08 Hummer H3, and a lifted 83 Chev diesel (turbo) pickup.... want to guess the only one she likes riding in?

Welcome to VetteMOD and the 76 Fraternity!

mrvette - Where did you live up in the Md area? Sounds like we were in MD around the same time!

Last edited:
Welcome to VetteMOD and the 76 Fraternity!

mrvette - Where did you live up in the Md area? Sounds like we were in MD around the same time!

I lived in Rockville, Potomac, G'burg, last house up there was in the 90's in Rockville/Aspen Hill.....Grenoble Dr. had a 3 car garage in the back yard....

:cool: