need info

I think its going to be Darrow 74 wife 73 she seems to be getting very instrested.:amazed:

HUH Oh she wants to go on some fo these Bird run's :twitch: Looks like its all there and in good rebuild able shape :smash:
Now you need to give me that old chevy p/u so you can have room for the new toy :thumbs:

I think its going to be Darrow 74 wife 73 she seems to be getting very instrested.:amazed:

HUH Oh she wants to go on some fo these Bird run's :twitch: Looks like its all there and in good rebuild able shape :smash:
Now you need to give me that old chevy p/u so you can have room for the new toy :thumbs:

I do need to get rid of it I now have six vichicles and a boat here NEED room...................

I do need to get rid of it I now have six vichicles and a boat here NEED room...................

Well i have plenty of room here at my house for it :wink::wink:

You should also have a VIN derivitive on the trans case...passenger side.

The # on the trans is 9ya060n Whats that mean? ALSO HAS MD4 IS IT A 700R??

lip 136410206 v1004clc
910 paint
trim 404

It's a 1982Turbo-Hydro-Matic 700-R4 4 speed overdrive according to the book.

9ya060n

9= 1982
ya= applicaton code
060 = built 60th day of the year
n = built on the night shift

Last edited:
Well the trans, carb, intake manifold, dizzie,and headers are not original. also I have not got into the heads.
But I did find the problem with the front end, number one the wheel bearings are in need of replacing. this car had a broken control arm and after it was repaired there was no alignment done. and one wheel is about 1" off the other. But nothing that a little work can,t fix. then off to the next proplem..

Good looking deal Darrow.
I would decide early which direction you wish to go.
Stock, or modded.
Bob is installing a 700-R in the 57, and taking out the 400.(Just an FYI)
Since you'll never find the # correct tranny, it's a hard call to make.

MD8 is a 700R4. It's cast into the case. Data plate will be on the right rear of the case just in front of the tailshaft housing.

Sounds like that even with the number matching block, it's not virgin enough to worry about anything matching. Do what you want to.

I took a run done to Darrow's today. Looks like a good project for someone with $$$.:smash:
New interior, new paint, and minimal work and wifey will be set.:stirpot:
All in all, he got a VERY good deal.(And Kevin may have gotten a truck):stirpot:

Well if i sale that little Ranger,or get some of these people that owe me money to pay up,i will be taking that truck off Darrow's hands :D

Hay keven I need a center basel, also the e break console with pw
for a 1973 black you got one lying around?

I have an extra center bezel,i will have to check it out,but i think it's for a 76.
I come across these deals once in a while for the whole cluster,I buy them for the clocks and the gauges,if mine will not work i will keep my eye's open for one.

I have an extra center bezel,i will have to check it out,but i think it's for a 76.
I come across these deals once in a while for the whole cluster,I buy them for the clocks and the gauges,if mine will not work i will keep my eye's open for one.

I watch e bay a lot, most are broken like mine I have three broken ones in the shop (needed the clocks.)

I watch e bay a lot, most are broken like mine I have three broken ones in the shop (needed the clocks.)

You too HUH:We might be bidding against each other :huh2: i buy them for the clocks,clean them up and get them working again,the low fuel board,and the gauges. I have several box's full of them now :amazed: