need help with my intake

Heart Attack is all back together now :smash: no more oil leak from the intake,new carb is on and dialed in,and the hesitation i had is gone :thumbs:
All and all it was a succesful surgery and the patient is better than new again :push:
Now to go out and get rid of some of that old rubber on the rear tires :eek:

I bet that WOT smoke from the driver's bank is gone too.

Heart Attack is all back together now :smash: no more oil leak from the intake,new carb is on and dialed in,and the hesitation i had is gone :thumbs:
All and all it was a succesful surgery and the patient is better than new again :push:
Now to go out and get rid of some of that old rubber on the rear tires :eek:

I bet that WOT smoke from the driver's bank is gone too.

That's what i was thinking after pulling the intake off,that at WOT we were seeing oil sucked through the runners.

Another beleiver in the old story " Mechanical secondary for MANUAL Trans, Vacuum for AUTO trans"

(Probably didn't hurt anything, that old 750 had been dialed in before either. And was on the money)

Another beleiver in the old story " Mechanical secondary for MANUAL Trans, Vacuum for AUTO trans"

(Probably didn't hurt anything, that old 750 had been dialed in before either. And was on the money)

I agree, i tried to save a few bucks and eek out another mile or 2 MPG, but in the end it just cause me a never ending tunning nightmare that would never go away :smash:
I have put ~150 miles on motor since i pulled the intake and resealed for an oil leak and changed the carb,motor runs better than ever no more hesitations,and no more oil leak,plus my oil consumption has disappeared :thumbs: i was sucking oil out of the lifter valley right into the heads :push: and i found that the intake bolts had oil on them the builder did use any sealer on them :twitch: i did :)
But (there is that damm word again) the ft shaft seal on my tranny is dripping now :suicide::huh::crap::banghead::crylol: It never stops does it??

looks like i have a tranny pull in my future 4spd BW S T-10. when i had it out for the engine swap i replaced all of them but that one,it was not leaking plus if i'm not mistaking you have to pull the tranny apart to replace that one????

But,my oil pan drain plug is not leaking :stirpot::lol::lol:

But,my oil pan drain plug is not leaking :stirpot::lol::lol:

I fixed that in 5 minutes. Bet yours takes longer. Glad you got the bugs out Kevin. That's 1/2 the battle.

Yeah them damm pesky bug's anyway :hunter: i'm pretty sure it will take me way more than 5min's to repair that leak,maybe once the oil level gets low it will stop :skeptic:

The front seal on the tranny can be fixed. The tranny has to be out, but the front retainer will come off with 4 bolts. New gasket, seal, some RTV and it's over.

If the countershaft is leaking, that horse is a different color.