NASCAR air filter box

Ask him, maybe he has one or one coming in. You may want to check with raceprovenparts and Jeff Chambers also. Do a search for nascar and those 3 should pop up. Muscle motorsports has an online store with lots of stuff.

Was it for 16" filters? I can give you the K&N part number for the filter you do NOT want LOL. It's not oiled, it's a race only filter... NICE! that's what Xander has now LOL

My NASCAR air filter box arrived the other day - no way in HELL that thing's gonna fit in my engine bay! Gonna have to come up with some bastardized L88 design...

Looks like I'll be giving away a NASCAR carbon fiber 14" air filter housing this Christmas :huh:

Was it for 16" filters? I can give you the K&N part number for the filter you do NOT want LOL. It's not oiled, it's a race only filter... NICE! that's what Xander has now LOL

the paper filters are pretty easy to see through lol

the paper filters are pretty easy to see through lol
And your point is??? Sorry if I don't get it but reagardless of how transparent the paper filters are, this thing STILL won't fit under my hood.

Am I missing something? Perhaps you know of a way to pursuade this thing to fit?

Being able to see through it just means it won't filter very good

I'm pretty sure the air box will work with an l-88 hood

I'll try to find some pictures of a set up. You might be able to use only the base and seal it against the hood

yeah, those paper purolators LOL :) they are nothing more than glorified tea bags :)

I know, however the racing K&N are just gauze, non oiled. Without the oil the dirt won't cling. Even so, the stock paper filters better than any gauze/oiled filter out there.

Okay, I have 1st dibbs then :)

What exactly did not fit about it???
It's just HUMUNGOUS mate. If I fit the air filter box, I'll have to find some other way of getting the electrickery to flow to the spark plugs as I won't be able to run a distributor cap :cry:

Oh, regarding the Vettemod forum first ever annual Christmas Giveaway Bonanza Extravaganza, can you "dibbs" something now or do we have to wait until it is officially started? Perhaps we should start a "wish" thread? Or a "can I have" thread? :friends:

Anyone have an 82 fiberglass rear bumper that I can have?