Narrowing a C4 rear end

sfm1951

Has anybody narrowed a C4 rear end. I might have to take 1 1/2" out of each side for it to fit under the Stude, if I can't do it with wheel offset. Anybody done this? I have Exotic Muschel strut rods and shortening them is doable. any comments pro or con. Thanks, Steve

Yeah, it's not a big deal. Shortened halfshafts, shortened camber rods (as you mentioned), and shortened toe links.

The stock C4 has a good measure of rear toe steer that you might want to keep in mind when you shorten the toe links. That can be rectified the same way as the camber links, but will require an inner pivot custom bracket to get the geometry dialed in closer to zero toe steer.

Post some pictures when you get an opportunity.

Yeah, it's not a big deal. Shortened halfshafts, shortened camber rods (as you mentioned), and shortened toe links.

The stock C4 has a good measure of rear toe steer that you might want to keep in mind when you shorten the toe links. That can be rectified the same way as the camber links, but will require an inner pivot custom bracket to get the geometry dialed in closer to zero toe steer.

Does anybody make the inner pivot brackets? Steve

Does anybody make the inner pivot brackets? Steve

Yeah, but they look like simple pieces of 3/16" sheet steel with two 90* bends to match up with the attachment points on the rear cover, and a couple holes to bolt the heim joints. Seventy five cents of material and easily duplicated, but they don't appear to do anything about the excess rear toe steer. Making actual changes to the geometry appears to be something left to the backyard hotrodder.