My introduction

ratvette

Hi All.New to the VetteMOD forum.Found this place by chance.
I grew up in south Texas,and by the many turns in the road of life,and going where Uncle Sam told me,am currently living and working in Germany.Was supposed to be only temporary,but temporary turned into 20+ years.
My wife and I bought a 1979 corvette back 2 1/2 years ago_Original motor and trans match the 1979 VIN,but it's sitting on a 1980 frame, with a few other 80's vette parts mixed in.It's a Frankenstein ,but I know the complete history behind this vehicle,and why its a "Pick-a-Part" model .But believe it or not,I am the second owner (on paper).
Repaired the bare necessities and drove it the first summer with no real problems, save for a leaky radiator.
Rebuilt the motor and trans last winter, and currently wrapping up a complete suspension overhaul from this past winter.

And that's about it.

Last edited:
Welcome to the motley crew.....

Your Vette sounds like a new unmolested virgin car to me.....

mine is a '72, same year I married my first ex wife....

:rofl::rofl::clobbered:

I grew up in south Texas,and by the many turns in the road of life,and going where Uncle Sam told me,am currently living and working in Germany.Was supposed to be only temporary,but temporary turned into 20+ years.
My wife and I bought a 1979 corvette back 2 1/2 years ago_Original motor and trans match the 1979 VIN,but it's sitting on a 1980 frame, with a few other 80's vette parts mixed in.It's a Frankenstein ,but I know the complete history behind this vehicle,and why its a "Pick-a-Part" model .But believe it or not,I am the second owner (on paper).
Repaired the bare necessities and drove it the first summer with no real problems, save for a leaky radiator.
Rebuilt the motor and trans last winter, and currently wrapping up a complete suspension overhaul from this past winter.

And that's about it.

after all this time you should speak German..... Herzlich wilkommen in dieser verrueckten Ecke des Internets, schoenen Gruss in die alte Heimat !!!

And that's about it.

after all this time you should speak German..... Herzlich wilkommen in dieser verrueckten Ecke des Internets, schoenen Gruss in die alte Heimat !!!

Habe nach dem Militär als Bauarbeiter angefangen.Da learnt mann erste die Schimpfwörte im taubergründischen Dialekt ,und dann den Rest nach und nach.I am very proud to know English and 5 different German languages. :)

Gruss aus Unterfranken.

Last edited: