My 1954 corvette Restomod in Australia

C6 Z06 Rotors

Very nice,

regarding the C6 Z06 brakes, I have the same setup for my 82 TA and noticed a problem with the rotors. GM really cheaped out there, the rotors are directional vanes but NOT L&R specific, in other words...only the (I think it was) passenger side is rotational correct, the other one is the same and as such the wrong way around. An incorrectly mounted directional vane rotor will cool WORSE than a straight vane. In other words, that rotor will run a lot hotter and could become a problem. Because of this I'm putting together a 15" front rotor setup with custom brackets for my car....

Yes I believe they did cheap out....Thats why I invested in the DBA rotors. They are non-directional for both L&R, they are made in Australia and a top shelf product. I have seen them ebay in the U.S so they are available and at a decent price.

Very nice,

regarding the C6 Z06 brakes, I have the same setup for my 82 TA and noticed a problem with the rotors. GM really cheaped out there, the rotors are directional vanes but NOT L&R specific, in other words...only the (I think it was) passenger side is rotational correct, the other one is the same and as such the wrong way around. An incorrectly mounted directional vane rotor will cool WORSE than a straight vane. In other words, that rotor will run a lot hotter and could become a problem. Because of this I'm putting together a 15" front rotor setup with custom brackets for my car....

Mercedes did that also. Kind of suprised that they didn't just make them radial fins for both sides