My 1,500.00 1990 project

I have decided to upgrade the front and rear bumpers, 1/4 fenderettes, body side molding to 91-96 style. I'm also going to use a 84-85 hatchback part to eliminate the 3rd brake light and wire it so it is in the rear bumper.

Please no purist comments .... I know this is a heavily discussed topic but I just prefer the newer bumpers is all, I just won a ebay auction for the rear cover for 50.00 from the guy I bought all these white parts from and it will be a local pickup so no shipping costs.

I've also decided against using the stock wheels and will be buying 17x9.5 ZR1 replicas that the spokes are black with a polished lip, then the car will be arctic white with a black GS stripe kit and of course dark tinted windows. No hash marks though since I am not a big fan of them.

I got these door panels with a 500.00 parts 90 vette I bought. My original ones had the traditional cracking and vinyl pulling issues. These however are in excellent shape and the carpet only has minor fading but no wear. I found the ACC carpet kits door panel carpet pieces to be a major hassle to deal with so I am just going to take and dye the carpet on these door panel.

I also have to dye my trim panels for the door locks and find those plastic inserts that the door panel screws thread into as well as plastic to cover my doors. But the interior is coming along nicely. Should have it back together this month.

When I get my tax refund I will register the car and buy the last of the stuff it needs.

doorpanel3.jpg

Last edited:
Coming together nicely. Car should look great inside and out with this upgrade along with new bumpers & wheels.

an then imagine the garage he's working in!! this is a superhuman effort LOL

I got the rear bumper today paid 50.00 and no shipping charge. The guy I bought it from also has 4 pice belt line molding stuff and two 92 front fenders for 150.00 .... He also has a complete front bumper assembly with lights and all for 300.00

So for 500.00 the update conversion will be complete.

92bumper1.jpg

has a real small crack here but thats no big deal

92bumper2.jpg

Last edited:
Here it is just semi mounted on the car. Still need all the light and stuff, but it does line up with all my panels perfectly. I'm just going to go ahead and do the full 91-96 update on the car, this way the GS strip won't be any hassle to install.

92bumper7.jpg

92bumper6.jpg

92bumper3.jpg

Here is the difference. Sorry purists but I really like the more rounded look of the 91-up. Plus tail light bulbs will be a breeze to replace now.

1990corvettewhitepartson.jpg

Last edited:
Finally bought myself a nice digital camera so will be adding a lot more pictures to this thread. Things have been going slow on the car since I started dating someone lol. Fear not though, I am still going to finish this thing and I am planning on when it is finished taking it on a two week trip to Seattle for my nephews graduation. Figured since this camera has a recorder to probably take some small movie clips of my trip in it.

Finally bought myself a nice digital camera so will be adding a lot more pictures to this thread. Things have been going slow on the car since I started dating someone lol. Fear not though, I am still going to finish this thing and I am planning on when it is finished taking it on a two week trip to Seattle for my nephews graduation. Figured since this camera has a recorder to probably take some small movie clips of my trip in it.

New camera and new girlfriend...........:photo:

I've been pondering with the 91 up front bumper swap and to me the 84-90 just looks much better. I'm not really a big fan of the wrap around style marker lights for one.

I might actually just look into a fiberglass rear 91-up style rear bumper or mod my stock front bumper to look like wider front molding. The downside to the fiberglass rear bumper is bumps and bruises from parking lots which the car will be in a lot and not a big fan of the thin beltline molding.

Ain't project cars great! Sure purist hate what I am doing to this so called rare polo green car but green is for golfers and environmentalist. I really like the shade of red on the rear bumper and thought along with the black interior it would look great in that red color with a black GS stripe kit and black ZR1 wheels.

Interior has to remain stock looking though & no spoilers or body kits :yahoo:

Decisions decisions!

Lets see how these pictures do.

Here is how the car is now

DSCF0024.jpg

DSCF0025.jpg

This was a door panel from the 500.00 parts car I bought and re-sold

DSCF0026.jpg

I still need to fit the seat bottom upholstery better and put more back together in the interior. But it is really starting to look good again.

DSCF0022.jpg

here is how nice the leather-like covers look

DSCF0027.jpg

Last edited:
some better pictures of the dash illumination. Have a few camera capability bugs to work out though.

DSCF0044.jpg

DSCF0047.jpg

DSCF0049.jpg

DSCF0043.jpg

DSCF0046.jpg

Last edited:
I've been pondering with the 91 up front bumper swap and to me the 84-90 just looks much better. I'm not really a big fan of the wrap around style marker lights for one.

I might actually just look into a fiberglass rear 91-up style rear bumper or mod my stock front bumper to look like wider front molding. The downside to the fiberglass rear bumper is bumps and bruises from parking lots which the car will be in a lot and not a big fan of the thin beltline molding.

Ain't project cars great! Sure purist hate what I am doing to this so called rare polo green car but green is for golfers and environmentalist. I really like the shade of red on the rear bumper and thought along with the black interior it would look great in that red color with a black GS stripe kit and black ZR1 wheels.

Interior has to remain stock looking though & no spoilers or body kits :yahoo:

Decisions decisions!

Watch it bub, thin ice there, my car is forest green, and I hate golf, and certainly NO weenie.....:hissyfit::yahoo::censored: