measurements horn button

Sharkey1807

Hi,
hope somebody can help out in this.
i want to carve a new horn button with the Mako Shark Logo in it.
Clear, my Mako needs a aprpriate horn button.

Now the problem is i don't have actually access to the car while the build up is still in progres. But want to start with the interior pieces which i can do.

Maybe somebody can measure the inner diameter of the ring which holds the horn button ?
See red marking in the picture.
horn_button_dia.jpg

Doesn't matter if inches or milimeters. Just need to know which of them.

Thanks and greetings
Robert

My horn button looks much like that, it's the chrome one off like a '77.....one years only ....and so it's 1.75" diameter best I can tell mine is still riveted together hate to pull it apart, so best I can do....edit, just remembered the old one on the shelf, it's from a NON Tilt Tele wheel...and so is 2" on that spot....

:clobbered:

Last edited:
My horn button looks much like that, it's the chrome one off like a '77.....one years only ....and so it's 1.75" diameter best I can tell mine is still riveted together hate to pull it apart, so best I can do....edit, just remembered the old one on the shelf, it's from a NON Tilt Tele wheel...and so is 2" on that spot....

Thanks a lot Gene.

Now i can go tomorrow to the shop which makes this name plates for the post boxes. Give them the file with the logo after resized to correct size. Then they cut out the script and the shark with a laser.
Will then create a plate with the correct diameter and put the script and still flat shark on it.
Afterwards make a silikon mould and then cast a piece in polyurethane resin.
Then finally smooth out the edges of the logos and carve the shape of the shark.

Greetings
Robert

Thanks a lot Gene.

Now i can go tomorrow to the shop which makes this name plates for the post boxes. Give them the file with the logo after resized to correct size. Then they cut out the script and the shark with a laser.
Will then create a plate with the correct diameter and put the script and still flat shark on it.
Afterwards make a silikon mould and then cast a piece in polyurethane resin.
Then finally smooth out the edges of the logos and carve the shape of the shark.

Greetings
Robert

Well, on account of both of them are fully assembled, I just hope my measurements are correct, I used the dial caliper and got the tangs down there pretty good, under decent light.....

:clap::amazed: