mako shark project coming along.......

Wow! Very nice work, thanks for sharing with us. What running gear do you have? I'd guess it runs as great as it looks!!!

Been meaning to get back to you..................... the car has a pumped up 350/aluminum heads/dual carbs/etc. Probably 375 to 400 hp. I put a 200-4R tranny in her, so I should be able to get some decent mileage on the highway ! Got 308 gears in the rear.

Actually, I haven't tuned the motor up............. or should I say ---- adjusted the carbs good yet ! She runs so rich it burns your eyes !!! Gotta do that and adjust the TV cable on the tranny, so I don't burn it up.

I doubt if it'll do quite as well as my Can-Am. With the Tremec TKO in it, along with the 450 hp big block........... I get 20 mpg's ! When I'm going 70 miles an hour, I'm only taching 1800 rpm. The automatics never get as good of milage as the manual trannys.

Still got a ton of things to do before I drive her much......... Gotta get a full alignment/a lot of tweaking and then a bunch of wet sanding, so I can get the final paint on her !!!

Rick :beer::beer:

pix

I meant to put some more pix in...................

:bonkers:

Attachments

• mako moon eye and front end.jpg
    mako moon eye and front end.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 52
  • mako stacks.jpg
    mako stacks.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 45
  • hood shark close.jpg
    hood shark close.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 30
  • mako int lite.jpg
    mako int lite.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 56
Thanx guys............................ I'm happy with the way she's coming along ! Still got a bunch more to do to her !

I was very happy to win the RPM show at Hooters............... there were some beautiful cars in the show !

Attachments

• RPM win girls.jpg
    RPM win girls.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 54
  • RPM Show slick.jpg
    RPM Show slick.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 30
  • RPM Show me.jpg
    RPM Show me.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 47
Thanx guys............................ I'm happy with the way she's coming along ! Still got a bunch more to do to her !

I was very happy to win the RPM show at Hooters............... there were some beautiful cars in the show !

Nice looking ladies - I mean car! How do you like the Shark Bite rear suspension set up? Looks cool!

Nice looking ladies - I mean car! How do you like the Shark Bite rear suspension set up? Looks cool![/QUOTE said:
The shark bite setup is pretty stiff riding so far................... I've got 24 adjustments..... 12 for compression and 12 for recoil on each shock ! I've gotta figure these things out............. every time I hit a bump, my head slams into the t-top ! Ouch !!! The fiberglass rear spring on my Can-Am is way better and soft and smooth riding.., but it doesn't look near as cool as this set-up !!

I hope that I can smooth things out with more adjusting. I got the medium springs, so the light springs might let her ride smoother. I've got other issues I'm working on now, so they'll have to wait !!!

Rick

Attachments

• Roundup6-5-10008.jpg
    Roundup6-5-10008.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Roundup6-5-10062.jpg
    Roundup6-5-10062.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 21
polishing pix.....................

been polishing................. getting ready for Carlisle !!!

Attachments

• shine left side.jpg
    shine left side.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 30
  • shine rear.jpg
    shine rear.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 18
  • shine corner r.jpg
    shine corner r.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 15
  • shine 2.jpg
    shine 2.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 18
  • shine 1.jpg
    shine 1.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 15
update...........

BadMan installed......... will fire up soon !

Rick

Attachments

• MAKO SHARK VC REFLECTION.jpg
    MAKO SHARK VC REFLECTION.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 17
  • BM CC R.jpg
    BM CC R.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 24
  • BM CC L.jpg
    BM CC L.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 20
  • BM FRONT.jpg
    BM FRONT.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 24
Anxiously awaiting your impressions on the BADMAN!
AN interesting concept - and would really be the carb'd bridge to performance rather than going the efi route. Cost and other trade-offs all considered and until we hear --its all the theory - So, let us know the real words!
Cheers - Jim

Anxiously awaiting your impressions on the BADMAN!
AN interesting concept - and would really be the carb'd bridge to performance rather than going the efi route. Cost and other trade-offs all considered and until we hear --its all the theory - So, let us know the real words!
Cheers - Jim

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you for awhile........................... Lotta stuff going on !! Had some problems adjusting the float levels on the BadMan and sent it back to BarryGrantRacing to fix. The shipper dropped it on the return trip and it ended up in limbo with the shipper denying they did any damage, so I finally got her back and bolted her on......................... :bounce:

Really happy with the way she runs now............... still gotta tweak the motor a little more --- been raining and snowing since . I hope I don't have to wait till spring to finish tweaking her !!!!!

Attachments

• badman ac r side.jpg
    badman ac r side.jpg
    400.8 KB · Views: 19
  • badman ac top view.jpg
    badman ac top view.jpg
    442.8 KB · Views: 17