Lost our friend

My sympathies.

We lost 4 dogs in a year and a half. I've never cried so much. All of them we with us a decade or more.
Our only consolation was to rescue Sam from a kill pound.
They said he was 8, so I know we won't have him long, but in the year plus we have had him, he has learned of love & humanity and just gives back more than he takes. They are the only solution for grieving.
We'll never be without a dog.
I'm looking for a nice female stray to rescue for Sam to play with.

Wayne,

My condolences on the loss of your beloved pet. It's never easy; they add so much to our lives.

I love dogs, I put up with people.

I do not look forward to the day my dog takes his last breath. I have never been so attached to a dog in my life as I am to him.
I adopted him from a nonkill rescue. He had been abused and didnt have much trust for men. For some reason he took right to me with in 30 minutes of being introduced to him.
Have had him 3 years now, took him over 2 of those years to truely accept the wife.
In the last 4 months he has began to trust enough to roll onto his back for a belly scratch, a truely hard thing to do for a dog is to assume that most submissive position.
Just this moring when I woke him on my bed, he rolled onto his back and "asked" me for a belly scratching to start his day, lol.

Take your time to grieve, then when it is time you will find your next "best friend man can ever have"