Lets see your guns...

A few of the tools.

y1pev_wI-AQmXzP-x7Cry-zBvRNH9v32hhXhgP_S3W2kKPNLiz-zy-P8x7P3ErFHyPRyHJDLZDagXk

If you can't see the bullet streak in your scope, you need more power.

mdbelanger...What caliber is the TC? Looks like a bull barrel. I use a scoped 10 inch 30-30 Win barrel on mine...got lots of deer with it.

Was out today just plinking with the pellet guns...pic of target at 50 yards....

Beeman R9 .22 cal pellet gun...

TargetJacumba016.jpg

TargetJacumba.jpg

TargetJacumba003.jpg

TargetJacumba007.jpg

Of course...the Border Patrol had to come by scaring the rabbits off...

TargetJacumba009.jpg

Here's pics of my long guns (by special request of Bird). Handguns are all boxed up on the left side.

Arsenal.jpg

mdbelanger...What caliber is the TC? Looks like a bull barrel. I use a scoped 10 inch 30-30 Win barrel on mine...got lots of deer with it.

Yes, a bull 30-30 Win. Quite a few deer and one small moose, little over 600 pounds.
I roll my own. 130 grain boat tailed ballistic tips. "Dont shoot these in a rifle".

y1pev_wI-AQmXymbF-g6bMwwpj-jJCtlXcCfDWJwtKpHZX_KhtkIPH8q34nWe-4Ppl6jB2LB1toJfw

I've been rolling my own since 1986 from 9x19s up to my "punisher" the 458 mag. Only shells I buy are rim fires.

Filling doe permits in Vermont:

y1pev_wI-AQmXyKvu1wK0JElGzVXZWJhNYWar-u70dzfLpOb8sR7r3FUwdruzP81HCyW7Rlv4XVjcE

Michael.

Thanks Michael for the update on the TC. Looks like a pretty wild load that probably would tumble out of a longer barrel. Gotta love that blue deer totter...:amused:

Here's pics of my long guns (by special request of Bird). Handguns are all boxed up on the left side.

Damn! Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like someone is trying to corner the market on Garands there.

Yep, I got a few :)
All from the DCM (or CMP as they call it now). Got two of the three M1 Carbines from them too. I'm pretty much done buying long guns. I would like to get a CZ with a Mannlicher stock in .30/06. But Uncle Sam hit me hard at tax time and Bush hasn't coughed up my $1200 check. :bomb:

Last edited:
Tax rebates are funded by last 2 digits of SSN. Check at IRS website. Mine is going to be mailed June 24th.

Damn! Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like someone is trying to corner the market on Garands there.

Yep, I got a few :)
All from the DCM (or CMP as they call it now). Got two of the three M1 Carbines from them too. I'm pretty much done buying long guns. I would like to get a CZ with a Mannlicher stock in .30/06. But Uncle Sam hit me hard at tax time and Bush hasn't coughed up my $1200 check. :bomb:

I got one of my Garands from the DCM several years ago (got the first one at a gun show.). There was the big gun ban thing going on in Congress at the time, and it just amused me to no end, in the midst of all that, that a government employee (the postman) delivered my M1 right to my door. I also went out and bought five or six carbines at that time, as I was worried about them getting banned, or the price going way up. I bought about a dozen rifles that year, and probably half of them have never been fired since getting them. Regarding the Garand, so far I haven't slammed my thumb, yet. LOL

Thanks Jeff. Frigging typical...I am the LAST one to get them mailed out (July 11) :banghead:

69427: I got the M1 thumb big time. Lost the damn fingernail on my left thumb. Didn't get it the normal way, though. I wasn't loading it with a clip. I had the bolt locked back (I THOUGHT), and while my thumb was inside poking around it released unexpectedly. The swearing I did was really amazing. The pain was horrendous. It throbbed for about 4 days, even with keeping it on ice. Then it turned a dark blue and I knew the fingernail was history. Fell off about a month later. But it grew back and everything is fine now. Lesson I learned was to keep those things well-lubed so that the metal doesn't get "sticky".

Dep

Thanks Jeff. Frigging typical...I am the LAST one to get them mailed out (July 11) :banghead:

69427: I got the M1 thumb big time. Lost the damn fingernail on my left thumb. Didn't get it the normal way, though. I wasn't loading it with a clip. I had the bolt locked back (I THOUGHT), and while my thumb was inside poking around it released unexpectedly. The swearing I did was really amazing. The pain was horrendous. It throbbed for about 4 days, even with keeping it on ice. Then it turned a dark blue and I knew the fingernail was history. Fell off about a month later. But it grew back and everything is fine now. Lesson I learned was to keep those things well-lubed so that the metal doesn't get "sticky".

Dep

I'm too lazy to look up the current CMP rules. When I got my Garand the rule was one rifle per person per lifetime. Given your experience, apparently it's changed. Can you give me a Cliff notes version of the current requirements?
Thanks,
Mike