LED's in Autometer gauges

brent

I got a hell of a deal on some Autometer SportComp gauges that are new, but not in the box. I see on their website that you can order LED's for them but when you need to order the whole set it adds up to a ton of cash.
I have been to superbright LED's website and am trying to figure out what I need to light these up. I am not sure if the LED's twist-lock into the back of the gauge or if there is a mount that was not included with the gauges.
I will attach a photo of the setup. If you need to know the size more accurately, I can measure them.
Any help would be appreciated.
photo-11.jpg

Here locally, being Jax Florida, Advance Auto has the best LED selection, not cheep though, you maybe find the larger display stores have started expanding their LED lighting displays.....you maybe want to try Harbor Freight even, and once you get a handle on what you want, try ebay.....they all come from China anyway, and I find the very best prices on ebay are shipped straight from Hong Kong.....:shocking::eek:

On my 68 I installed LED's for the center console gauges (clock, fuel, ammeter,temp) and LED's for the shifter console lights. I kept incandescents for the tach and speedo. This means I can dim the tach and speedo lights with the stock variable resistor......but with a lot of LED's, I've a lot less current through the variable resistor (stock dimmer). My stock dimmer resistor...a wire wound resistor burnt itself out from the electrical loads. With LED's it should be running a lot cooler. I bought superbrightleds. I have a lot of LED's in my 08 also.