Learning to weld

I don't see any cleaning, reverse polarity blasting alu oxide off, it's a rough texture around the otehrwise shiny weld bead. Did you brush the beads afterwards? I see a littl bit of cleaning in the third one.

What are your machine settings?

I am also considering attempting to do some light welding. I need to weld some seat brackets on to the floor of my A-body convertible. I saw this welder at Harbor Freight and was wondering what your feedback on it would be, I know absolutely nothing about welding.

http://www.harborfreight.com/90-amp-flux-wire-welder-98871.html

Just an opinion but, I would look for a used name brand unit on CL maybe. Also if I bought again I would buy a 220V unit. You can make an extension cord for a clothes drier outlet if your laundry room is near. I have a co-worker (welder) friend that has a flux wire 110 unit and he likes it.

I don't have access to a 220V outlet. My dryer is gas/110V, that is why I was looking at the 110-120V units.

I don't see any cleaning, reverse polarity blasting alu oxide off, it's a rough texture around the otehrwise shiny weld bead. Did you brush the beads afterwards? I see a littl bit of cleaning in the third one.

What are your machine settings?

I can't remember the settings. I will play around with it some more when I get some time. I did brush the beads.

I am also considering attempting to do some light welding. I need to weld some seat brackets on to the floor of my A-body convertible. I saw this welder at Harbor Freight and was wondering what your feedback on it would be, I know absolutely nothing about welding.

http://www.harborfreight.com/90-amp-flux-wire-welder-98871.html

Just an opinion but, I would look for a used name brand unit on CL maybe. Also if I bought again I would buy a 220V unit. You can make an extension cord for a clothes drier outlet if your laundry room is near. I have a co-worker (welder) friend that has a flux wire 110 unit and he likes it.

I don't have access to a 220V outlet. My dryer is gas/110V, that is why I was looking at the 110-120V units.

I would at least get a lincoln, miller or hobart welder. Check CL for a used one.