Lars

Try being the Senior Tech at a Restroation Company. Even the people that work here ask the same old questions over over over over over................again.:bonkers::goodnight:

:noob: When I got rolling as a contractor up in the DC area about 86? or so, and I had up to my neck in work, just remodeling.....I had maybe 2-3 trusted subs to rely on the rest fell on ME, I was the one asking dumb questions about plumbing, even household electric, learning even more than I cared to when working as a electrician for 6 months in there before moving south...

and yes, I been on both ends of the dumb question routine, now a daze only parts of me R smart.....:crap:.......

I really wish I had your/yours help on this car body issue....I dunno there is a whole lot of good posting pix would do, it's just another sanded car with all the typical crap about it....I need get off my lazy butt and go sand the hood now.....supposed to rain tonight and get really cold again....damnit....

:goodnight:

We don't have to listen to them. We can just sit back & laugh, and they will evently go away.

Just my 2 cents worth.

sorry to disagree but you have to listen to them when they infect almost every thread....I heard this same line from the C-3 mods at CF but after waiting several years the post whore is still there...lying, stealing and cheating, not to mention posting bad advise and mis-information....and I have given up, like so many others posting here.

We don't have to listen to them. We can just sit back & laugh, and they will evently go away.

Just my 2 cents worth.

sorry to disagree but you have to listen to them when they infect almost every thread....I heard this same line from the C-3 mods at CF but after waiting several years the post whore is still there...lying, stealing and cheating, not to mention posting bad advise and mis-information....and I have given up, like so many others posting here.

I'd follow a couple of carb threads over there a while back. Lars would post a good piece of info, give his email and reference his papers. He really wanted to help people who wanted to help themselves. I think that he rebuilt carbs and had tune for beer because he loved the fun and comradery. So he made a few bucks rebuilding carbs, big deal....I can guarandamntee you his prices were a bargain and not meant to make him a fortune.

After a while there were posts directly contradictiing what he was saying...and not by knowlegable guys who could debate with the man....
I multi quoted one of his posts with one of the contradicting posts asking what was up.....no response....BTW, it was the famous superhero who made the contradicting post as if it were a fact. I tried to go find it and link it back here...but no luck...but then again, you don't need more proof.

Maybe he can read this and shoot us an email if he has time...Would really like to see what projects he has going on. And if we're wrong, he can tell us to go pound sand.

Just my 2 cents worth.

The CF Mods are a joke! They let that lying, thief back on the board after they made the 'injured party' post a notice that he had received his money, finally. Never an apology post from the thief!

The thief must have pictures of some of the CF mods being intimate with farm animals. How else would you explain it?

BTW, the thief was responsible for me being sent to 'banned camp' a while back.

Just my 2 cents worth.

I'd follow a couple of carb threads over there a while back. Lars would post a good piece of info, give his email and reference his papers. He really wanted to help people who wanted to help themselves. I think that he rebuilt carbs and had tune for beer because he loved the fun and comradery. So he made a few bucks rebuilding carbs, big deal....I can guarandamntee you his prices were a bargain and not meant to make him a fortune.

After a while there were posts directly contradictiing what he was saying...and not by knowlegable guys who could debate with the man....
I multi quoted one of his posts with one of the contradicting posts asking what was up.....no response....BTW, it was the famous superhero who made the contradicting post as if it were a fact. I tried to go find it and link it back here...but no luck...but then again, you don't need more proof.

Maybe he can read this and shoot us an email if he has time...Would really like to see what projects he has going on. And if we're wrong, he can tell us to go pound sand.

Oh yes, Bat guano, as I refer to him. He's is a good friend of the thief. The Bat and I have had some 'discussions' in the past.

Bat guano does not know his ass from the Bat cave. I think he got most of his technical info from the thief.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Oh yes, Bat guano, as I refer to him. He's is a good friend of the thief. The Bat and I have had some 'discussions' in the past.

Bat guano does not know his ass from the Bat cave. I think he got most of his technical info from the thief.

Actually...it was the super theif.......not his side kick

Hello everybody. I am fortunate that I read on CFAnd DC and here before I decided to join here. Everybody here is friendly and helps others where he or she can.
I said this before, I am a noobie when it comes to Corvettes but I have worked on cars in my life.
I think at 63 I can tell the good guys from the bad, you guys here have helped me and saved me money with your advice. Thank you. Please do not leave this forum and please continue to share your knowledge. Rest assured that your help is appreciated, even if we noobies sometimes are annoying you with noobie questions. Sometimes you do not get a thank you - sure there are black sheeps among the Corvette owners, most of them are great people though. Please don't let thieves and liars like DB ruin it for us.

:
Hello everybody. I am fortunate that I read on CFAnd DC and here before I decided to join here. Everybody here is friendly and helps others where he or she can.
I said this before, I am a noobie when it comes to Corvettes but I have worked on cars in my life.
I think at 63 I can tell the good guys from the bad, you guys here have helped me and saved me money with your advice. Thank you. Please do not leave this forum and please continue to share your knowledge. Rest assured that your help is appreciated, even if we noobies sometimes are annoying you with noobie questions. Sometimes you do not get a thank you - sure there are black sheeps among the Corvette owners, most of them are great people though. Please don't let thieves and liars like DB ruin it for us.

:thumbs::friends::drink:

I fully agree with this.
If you do NCRS restoration work the questions will be pretty much the same but start modifying then you get another ball rolling. Each and everyone has a different approach on doing things. Experiences are shared and this is why I keep coming here.

I'm surprised they didn't bust him for taking work from supporting vendors long ago....

What supporting vendor have I ever taken work from? Is there someone out there setting up and tuning Q-Jet carbs using a dyno engine? Further, I've never advertised any services on the forum - all work I did was done via e-mail requests from people. I answered tech questions on the forum, but they didn't like that, either, so I quit.

Lars

I'm surprised they didn't bust him for taking work from supporting vendors long ago....

What supporting vendor have I ever taken work from? Is there someone out there setting up and tuning Q-Jet carbs using a dyno engine? Further, I've never advertised any services on the forum - all work I did was done via e-mail requests from people. I answered tech questions on the forum, but they didn't like that, either, so I quit.

Lars
I don't think he was suggesting you did Lars. I think he was pointing out that other places inequities and favoritism to people regardless of their service or abilities. I may be wrong but I don't think he meant it that way:thumbs:

Lars
I don't think he was suggesting you did Lars. I think he was pointing out that other places inequities and favoritism to people regardless of their service or abilities. I may be wrong but I don't think he meant it that way:thumbs:

Yep, what he said: When you tell people how to make their Q-jet work its best, they won't buy a a new Speed Demon. If you explain how to set up a stock distributor for optimum performance, they won't feel the need to lay out the bucks for a MSD set up. Remember what they did to Gary Ramedei (gtr1999)....Of course, this only applies to those who read & apply the information you put before them. The folks here are eager to absorb, discuss & learn, rather than just argue.

(Probably as CF was in its earlier days. I've said it before, I'll say it again: I'm just as happy to have CF there as a place for all the total noobs & wannabes to get their feet wet and the egomaniacs & bullshitters to hang out and strut their stuff. Those who want something else will find their way here one way or another. And I am much happier with the smaller population here, CF is so crowded its not worth going to. (Plus--when I do go there, I find my junk mail inbox starts getting a lot more crap. FUCK THAT) )

You will be a great asset to this Forum, Lars. I think you will enjoy it & hopefully benefit from it as well.

(OK, enough :kissass:, :D I got stuff to do! )

PS-And you can say "fuck" & "shit" here! :thumbs: