Killing me, electrical problem

There's a good start. Just unplug all those items, or as many as you can, and turn it on. If it still pops, it's a wire.
Start plugging things back in till it pops. Then it's that coil.

Rather than keep banging fuses, why not get a 1156-7 bulb and wire it across the fuse terminal, the bulb will of course light, as the shorted wire will ground it.....then you go around unplugging loads/moving wires and watch the light....when you don't see the light, that's it....

I haven seen any light in a long time....:rofl:

Thanks Gene, will do good idea.

OK, now keep in mind that SOME drains for X amount of current draw will make the light glow to a varrying amount...but a dead short will make it really bright....so when pulling connections on loads...expect maybe a slight decrease in brill off the bulb....since all this is a unknown I"m trying to describe a phenomena ....not a very scientific thingy....sorry, best I can do with words....

:hissyfit::crutches:

Did just what you said

Think I narrowed it down to a specific piece of real estate. I ran out of time today, I"m going back tomorrow.

Seems to be on the passenger side. Going under that side tomorrow.

CLoser. Thanks for the tip Gene. I don't care what they say about you.....you're OK!

OH well, long as I can keep the wife grinning.....:trumpet::harhar::goodnight:

Rather than keep banging fuses, why not get a 1156-7 bulb and wire it across the fuse terminal, the bulb will of course light, as the shorted wire will ground it.....then you go around unplugging loads/moving wires and watch the light....when you don't see the light, that's it....

I haven seen any light in a long time....:rofl:

OK, now keep in mind that SOME drains for X amount of current draw will make the light glow to a varrying amount...but a dead short will make it really bright....so when pulling connections on loads...expect maybe a slight decrease in brill off the bulb....since all this is a unknown I"m trying to describe a phenomena ....not a very scientific thingy....sorry, best I can do with words....

Did just what you said

Think I narrowed it down to a specific piece of real estate. I ran out of time today, I"m going back tomorrow.

CLoser. Thanks for the tip Gene. I don't care what they say about you.....you're OK!

Good news, short is gone.

Bad news, short is gone.

Did just what you said

Bad news, short is gone.

SHIT, damnit....:bonkers::mad: enough to piss off the Pope....

so what you playing with when it went away?? wires, load??

jiggle anything nearby...tap with a plastic handle screwdriver on what you were playing closest to when it changed states....

Did just what you said

Bad news, short is gone.

jiggle anything nearby...tap with a plastic handle screwdriver on what you were playing closest to when it changed states....

The dipstick tube for the auto trans.

seems the wire loom runs through a bracket
I bent the pipe out the slightest bit and it seems to have gone away

I'm going to check tomorrow

I jacked up the car and it seems that the light would go on and off while I jacked it up.

ON the ground, on.....jacked up 2 inches, off, up 4 inches, off.

Sigh
hate this crap

Did just what you said

Bad news, short is gone.

I jacked up the car and it seems that the light would go on and off while I jacked it up.

Sigh
hate this crap

You fix my paint, and I"ll do the 'lectricals.....deal???

:waxer::devil:

Bad news, short is gone.

Sigh
hate this crap

I never did paint, but wtf I can use the practice.

Bad news, short is gone.

Sigh
hate this crap

That's ok, I never did electronics either.....only 20 years worth....put in a no blo fuse and release the smoke from the wires....

:banghead::rolleyes:

Sigh
hate this crap

That's ok, I never did electronics either.....only 20 years worth....put in a no blo fuse and release the smoke from the wires....

Ah yes, the old find the short by the smoke test. I know it well.

Sigh
hate this crap

Ah yes, the old find the short by the smoke test. I know it well.

I gave that up in elementary school, found out I"m no chemist and could NOT get the smoke back in the wires before my mother came running all upset at a little smoke in the house.....nervous mommies...PIA.....:stirpot::2nd::lol:

OK, ELECTRICAL PROBLEM SOLVED.

I have no idea how or why, I can't recreate it, but it's all working. Go figure.

I have no idea how or why, I can't recreate it, but it's all working. Go figure.

The good news is it works now the bad news is it will only happen when you are 200 miles from home stopped on the rail road tracks on a busy line in the pouring rain.:chinese:

It does sound like a conductor is chafed bare against a ground, like an engine part.

The good news is it works now the bad news is it will only happen when you are 200 miles from home stopped on the rail road tracks on a busy line in the pouring rain.:chinese:

Exactly......

It does sound like a conductor is chafed bare against a ground, like an engine part.

Yeah, I'm going to keep looking.

Bird is right, keep looking...must be a harness off a tad when you redid the engine, and maybe it burnt through some exhaust??? other hot/wear spot....

wonder if it's a Heated o2 sensor feed?? +12 going to ground on a pipe....

we at least know it's something simple now....just to find that thing...