Jed's Clamper and electricals, Qjets, etc.....

Cant see the lazer lever in daylight, even inside the damn thing...guess what??

that stupid flooring went in with less than 1/8 inch variance side to side, and more inportantly....end to end on some 14' worth of steel front to rear behind the two bucket seats up front....

after FORTY friggin' YEARS...4 DECADES nearly...someone would told me that MY immediate response would have been BULLSHIT!!!

the stupid SOB is flat and plumb :bonkers::yahoo::flash:

the flooring and framing is down....everything is screwed, and to be UN screwed in the middle plywood sheet, for insulation install...

this thing is going to be tighter than whale pussy, and that's waterproof....

:D

Work on the roof, changing skylights.....wife was helping....

SO......She is #ONE Go-Fer.......

Were you playing wack-a-mole?:harhar:

Nah, better for my health, I don't....she a little old country gal, oldest of two daughters, grew up being her daddy's little helper, learned a lot of shit, but her ex was lazy as hell and never did a damn thing around the house....

then she met ME, and in 8+ years has been through a 300' room addition, ~200' Atrium, 3 concrete slabs, a wooden deck/trellis, kitchen remodel with adding 100' to it under HVAC..moved a bearing utility wall, heavy up panel during a power outage, replumbed entire house, HVAC changeout/install--one of her sons is in the business..., all the windows are replaced now..new front door, major hall bath changeout/enlargement, tile, rugs,new l/r ceiling and crown molding, skylights, roofs, .+ working jobsites with me on customer home renovations, that's in addition to the car projects....I am the family mechanic....that's about a dozen cars right there....being a old ET, then there is the electronic work....

keeps me outta the bars and whorehouses....:harhar::friends:

Work on the roof, changing skylights.....wife was helping....

SO......She is #ONE Go-Fer.......

Were you playing wack-a-mole?:harhar:

Nah, better for my health, I don't....she a little old country gal, oldest of two daughters, grew up being her daddy's little helper, learned a lot of shit, but her ex was lazy as hell and never did a damn thing around the house....

then she met ME, and in 8+ years has been through a 300' room addition, ~200' Atrium, 3 concrete slabs, a wooden deck/trellis, kitchen remodel with adding 100' to it under HVAC..moved a bearing utility wall, heavy up panel during a power outage, replumbed entire house, HVAC changeout/install--one of her sons is in the business..., all the windows are replaced now..new front door, major hall bath changeout/enlargement, tile, rugs,new l/r ceiling and crown molding, skylights, roofs, .+ working jobsites with me on customer home renovations, that's in addition to the car projects....I am the family mechanic....that's about a dozen cars right there....being a old ET, then there is the electronic work....

keeps me outta the bars and whorehouses....:harhar::friends:

Its been a long time since an UPDATE on this project, wasssup???

OH, sorry, the FREE insulation for floors and walls my neighbor buddy across the street was nice enough to get for me, is in the floors now...3.5 inches of flame proof, gas proof, and waterproof foam and the 3/4 Treated ply all screwed down, the back end had the rotten wood removed, and now it's all secured...I found out what was holding up the back of the camper, what with all the wood rotten out....the freeking 1/2 inch threaded rod from the bumper hitch to the spare tire carrier....good thing there was no wind....seriously...it was balanced on that alone....not now of course....

Got the secondary gas tank back in, got a bit of wiring done to them.....

but I"m tired of the thing for now, so parked it on other side of the house,....for now, maybe sometime in Jan I will start in on it again...getting a 700r4 for the thing, seems it's the only cheep choice for a o/drive tranny....

that rear duallie is a 411 gearset, so need overdrive 3500 rpm at 65mph don't get it....the wheels alone were a super PIA....turns out some country boy had FORD rims on his GM dualie, the centers were larger by 3/8 inch with same obviously bolt pattern.....so I bent a piece of 3/16 steel stock around the hub to center the wheels......slamed them home, works fine....got all new wheel studs in back too, due to some breaking/snapping....don't need that shit...NAPA/ Dorman....

Still have minor roof leaks, so the whole damn thing coming apart one fine day, damn old roofing tar is letting go....so a heat gun and peel it off, woopie doo, then clean it up with gasoline and a roll of paper towels, and reseal with RTV and CASE CLOSED.....

going to redo all that roof with gloss white Rustoleum paint....at least it's oil based and cheep enough....

so some more FREE insulation material for the walls, a bit of framing, and some use of various street signs for patches on the outside aluminum, and then cover the wall inside.....it should be done for another grand or so...the gut work is done....except for the tranny....

:tomato::hunter::amazed:

edit, forgot a amuzing detail...tore out the interior above the cab, the sleeper area, full of RED CARPenter ANTS, and large palmetto bugs.....wife shivvered in terror, asked what I did with them....shop vac....case closed.....

Last edited:
Vette fuel tank/welding...and.....

My welder buddy was working 6 TENS, and so dawg tired and the vette fuel tank add on project just needed about 6" of bead layed down easy....and so I went to my exhaust shop, and woooden I know, they had a old CAMPER in the lot out back, chebby VAN, same thing...BUT....

Tilt wheel, TWO BRAND NEW redone bucket seats, AND a good side door for the camper section....all for FREE!!! We going back to at least offer something for the stuff, even though it's not really costing anyting, just be decent about it.....but

the Clamper now has tilt wheel, wifey poo can now slide the seat forward to reach the pedals, and with the smaller diameter wheel, actually steer the thing....and the new side entrance door looks and functions much better than the POS that was there....

slowly, granny, very slowly....:D:D:clap: