Is this gap...

gkz

...supposed to be here (where the fingers are sticking out)? It's located upper driver's side firewall/fender junction. As a reference, that yellow thing is the hood release. Thanks.

100_3255.jpg

There is normally a seal up there as i remember. Look time since i looked under there. Will do that as soon as I get in the garage again, but its freezing and snowing like hell out here now.

I agree, there is a seal that is about two inches high with a 1/2 inch channel that slips over the fiberglass edge. I tried to find it for you, but after five parts suppliers I gave up. You might call and ask. I believe it is called a fender skirt seal. I use weatherstrip adhesive to hold it in place.

While driving for parts today, I thought about the seal in question and couldn't understand why I couldn't find it. Then, it dawned on me that the front splash shield seal was the same one I used to fill the gap you show; at least I believe this is what I used. The splash shield is the sheet metal plate that goes behind the front wheel and fills the gap behind the splash apron (inner fender) and frame. You can call a parts supplier for verification of this. If you are not fussy about what you use to seal the gap you show, alternatives are available as suggested. The source of the seal was bugging me and now I am relieved.
http://www.ecklers.com/corvette-lower-splash-shield-seals-1963-1982.html