Insurance

DARROW 74

Well its over. and hargerty has come through just like they said they would.
there was one small problem But one phone call worked that out.

When they say agreed price they mean agreed price plus the tow bill ($510)

So the next time you think insurance Check it out carefully..
Oh I did keep the 74 I paid $1550 for it. and at this time have it almost competely stripped down and will be selling some body parts any one need a rear clip or a 2 peice rear fiber glass bumper?
very good condition.
Well thats all for now.

sounds like you're happy with what you got :thumbs: Just curious.....is the damage really that bad that you're not swapping the frame and the front clip ???

sounds like you're happy with what you got :thumbs: Just curious.....is the damage really that bad that you're not swapping the frame and the front clip ???

Oh yes. It's trashed all the way to the dash.:crap:

Well its over. and hargerty has come through just like they said they would.
there was one small problem But one phone call worked that out.

When they say agreed price they mean agreed price plus the tow bill ($510)

So the next time you think insurance Check it out carefully..
Oh I did keep the 74 I paid $1550 for it. and at this time have it almost competely stripped down and will be selling some body parts any one need a rear clip or a 2 peice rear fiber glass bumper?
very good condition.
Well thats all for now.

Good deal Darrow. I am glad you and momma weren't hurt, and either was your wallet.

Yes the frame is real bad I would say about 5"up on both sides and both sides are tweked in several places and a few welds broke open.
The front went up enough to put the hood into the window. the top of the fire wall where the hood sets is broken. The only damage past the fire wall was to the doors where the fenders pushed into them not hard to repair if some one wants to use them. they shut easy and the clip is in good condition.
I think its more work to replace the frame and front end then I want to take on.
I will be putting the motor a transmission into my new 71 and going through the 71 motor and trans. I must be :bonkers: more projects.....................

They said I was buying it as a salvage But there was nothing said about getting a new title. I still have the blue plates.

The hardest thing will be getting rid of the rear clip the iron will go easy I have a scrap guy that will pick it up as soon as I call him. but the plastic will be harder to get rid of.
I guess I had forgot how many things I had rebuilt on it every thing in the drive train and supension has been redone along with the interior. well I can use a lot of the parts on my other cars.

I think I have rambled on enough Talk to you later.

And i still neet to put the trans into the 73..

Last edited:
That was a great price to buy it back.
Did you keep the original title or are you getting a salvage one?

That's ideal.
You can probably get the most money for the rest of the car that you don't want, if you leave it intact as much as possible and try to sell it as a good birdcage back with a good title.
Some one can clip it with a good frame.
Ebay with a phone number so it sells outside of ebay.

:shocking:

I ASSume the rear is in good/decent shape, maybe cut the front off that frame, and that rear frame is worth $$$$$$ so someone with a rusted out POS in the t-arm pockets.....

:beer:

keep in mind that a '74 does not come with all the emission crap. The birdcage and the title are worth some money :thumbs:

:shocking:

I ASSume the rear is in good/decent shape, maybe cut the front off that frame, and that rear frame is worth $$$$$$ so someone with a rusted out POS in the t-arm pockets.....

:beer:

This bird cage and frame have no rust at all. The trailing arms are rebuild and gary did the rear end so I will be keeping them for now.