I'm kind of PO'd

TimAT

Addict, Cruise-In Bird-Run 1 Veteran
Ol' Red has an Interstate Battery in it. The PO put it in there way before I got it, and I've had it for 6 years. Battery has crapped out. They just don't build them like they used to. And the cheapo PO won't give me any warranty. :mad:

Ol' Red has an Interstate Battery in it. The PO put it in there way before I got it, and I've had it for 6 years. Battery has crapped out. They just don't build them like they used to. And the cheapo PO won't give me any warranty. :mad:

:hissyfit::hissyfit::hissyfit::hissyfit::hissyfit:

I hear ya Tim, my Gran Prix I bought new in 84 had a Delco battery that went 8+ years the factory battery in my 88 Ranger dead shorted after 2 years

Had a Interstate battery in my Z28, lasted over 6 years in Florida heat.... when it finally died I could not find a store nearby that had Interstate batteries so I had to settle for a AutoZone replacement which didn't last the three years it had a warranty..... now, with 3 yr warranty it doesn't really matter how long it lasts as long you have the receipt.... just return it and get a new one....

My Dad was a huge fan of Interstate batteries. When the last Interstate battery I owned gave out, I took it in to have it replaced. It was several years old at the time. Interstate asked me to give them a chance to recondition it before I bought a new one. They boiled it to desulfate it and then recharged it, I got another two years out of it before it finally died for good. They were great batteries. My next one didn't last near as long and so I don't think the new ones are built the same.

DC

Like most everything else, the EPA got into the battery business and screwed it up also.....

The last battery I bought for my dd was from Costco since I found it was the lowest price around. It's been close to 10 years with no signs of ever going weak.

In previous cars I though if you got 6 years you were doing ok.