How are your fuel cells mounted?

how close is the fill cap to the deck opening? you might want to get some clear hose that fits over the spout of your gas cans tightly and always use those cans for race gas.

I never looked how close it was. It's probably over a foot though

I have the same fill plate as these. It's the 3" cap

I'll have to get some of that tubing to fill the tank

(left)
eed4_1.jpg

redir

Last edited:
Looks like the filler neck is welded to the fill palte and not bolted, in that case you need buy a complete new fill plate for a hose connection or modify this one by cutting a large hole and drilling holes for a bolt on hose flange. Don't forget to add a one way flapper valve!

How did you hook up your gas gauge? Or are you using a dipstick?

if you want to use a gauge, you can get stainless fuel senders from wema, they're available in any length and all scales.

It will jut be a dipstick

And I'll just use a funnel with an extension to fill it for now

the senders aren't even very expensive, around 75$, easy way to hook up your oem gauge.

I think the only gauges that I will have are a tach, oil press/temp,and water press/temp

Right now I don't go by the gauges

I just look in and see

I added a crash bar around the back tonight

It will double as the tow hook mount

Its just above the body line so you can see it at all

I also found that the left rear body needs to be raised, and that my rear koni's are shot

I also found that the left rear body needs to be raised, and that my rear koni's are shot

I have a set of revalved Bilsteins.....only $135K and with the purchase of a set of shocks you get a free Corvette race car.......I think Budman over at CF has a set of like new Bilsteins for cheap...

Do you think the bad shocks could be the reason I was bottoming out? I compared them to the old gas adjusts and the gas adjust must add at least 100# rate and most likely way more

How much up travel do you get at the track?

I have about 2 inches

I found a set of bilstein extremes, I'm not sure if the seller still has them. Couldn't find anything from budman

Last edited:
Got the fuel cell mounted today

Uploading pics as we speak

Edit: Here they are

32485c5c98c87c4.jpg

101_1900.jpg

101_1898.jpg

Last edited:
Nice, is the impact bar also secured to the rear or just to the crossmember? If just to the crossmember, if someone runs into the back it will just fold down and offer little protection.

Nice, is the impact bar also secured to the rear or just to the crossmember? If just to the crossmember, if someone runs into the back it will just fold down and offer little protection.

It isn't secured yet but I'm thinking about a support on each side welded to the frame