holes in housing

He's in CA and you're in IL ??? I assume you used a credit card for the payment ??? Call them and dispute the charge, they (Visa/MC/Amex) will want to see proof - you need to safe or print the seller's ad and the description... then describe what you got and why it's junk....thay also want to see proof that you tried to resolve the issue with the seller (printed email or fax is good enough) ... hope you did not use Paypal, they don't do anything for you....

worse, I sent a bank draft.I didnt think you could use a cr.crd. to buy from an individual.

Last edited:
worse, I sent a bank draft.I didnt think you could use a cr.crd. to buy from an individual.

That's about the only good thing about Paypal... you link it to your CC and you get all the protection you need (from your CC company, not Paypal of course)

I don't know if this helps when you contact the seller, but I just fit a steel cap today and the hole depth I used is 1.250 max. That is with a 60* pt bit not a flat face bottoming drill.

Well the guy is sending out new side gears to replace the broken tooth, The tech. at bairs said the holes in the case will not weaken the case any.I just hope the tech doesnt find any other problems.

Well the new side gears and 411's are on the way to bairs,the tech said you couldnt see the broken tooth w/out teardown.and the holes shouldnt be a problem.Imm going to clean/fill holes w/rtv/JB weld over and hope for the best,I'm supposed to be getting a spare case from [the guy] just in case.anyone reading this who wants a 12 bolt conv. go to toms.