Hi there.

pancake

I was lurking and had to register to follow some links in order to see the pics of the johnny joint install on the trailing arms. This is something I think I'm going to do in the near future.

I notice a lot of familiar names from CF. I guess this place is good, too!

Thanks,
Eric (pancake)

hey Eric, not only good but "better" LOL

welcome to the madness.... i
I have a thread with a few pics of the JohnnyJoint install, enjoy reading :D

Welcome to the motley crew.....

and home of the better tech advice....:smash::smash::thumbs:

pancake -

Welcome aboard!

I did the Johnny Joint mod, moved the e-Brake, and even had the TAs powdercoated as part of a "deal" with Van Steel. l'll be keeping the uprights, carriers, and bearings - but will be offering the TAs. It will be a month or so until I get the new pieces finished - so if you want to save the shop time, shoot me a PM.

Welcome and Cheers - Jim

Yes.. after reading a few posts I was wondering if this shouldn't be called vette asylum or the island of misfit vette fanatics since it seems to be the place where people come when they're banned from other sites.

I've ordered the Johnny joints and hope to find some time in the next few weeks to drop the Ta's to do the install. It seem straight forward enough.

Well I figured that by definition, a misfit is a nonconformist. That appears to be what most people here are since they are willing to experiment with their cars. I sincerely hope that in this neck of the woods, a question about header fitment won't result in seventeen posts about how to properly elevate your vehicle on jack stands.

Well I figured that by definition, a misfit is a nonconformist. That appears to be what most people here are since they are willing to experiment with their cars. I sincerely hope that in this neck of the woods, a question about header fitment won't result in seventeen posts about how to properly elevate your vehicle on jack stands.

:smash::smash::smash::surrender::eek:

hehehe....I HEAR you.....beleeeemee....

:surrender:

I've ordered the Johnny joints and hope to find some time in the next few weeks to drop the Ta's to do the install. It seem straight forward enough.

Yes straight forward enough and not a difficult task. :thumbs:

The challenge may be finding some bolts long enough to do the lube job - through center of the JJ, unless you'll use another means.
No Worries, a misfit like me knows where. :devil:

Cheers - Jim

Welcome to Vettemod pancake, and hi from Maplesyrupland.
Something tells me you're going to enjoy the place.

I did the JJ mod, with zerg directly into the TA, check my resto thread, post #24 and going.

Welcome to Vettemod pancake, and hi from Maplesyrupland.
Something tells me you're going to enjoy the place.

I did the JJ mod, with zerg directly into the TA, check my resto thread, post #24 and going.

Maple syrup goes great with pancakes. So does bacon.

I was thinking of putting the zerk straight into the JJ. I haven't even ripped the TA's out yet since I've got a 300 gallon brisket and rip smoker in progress in the shop.