Hello from a deepfreezed Denmark

Lykkemark

Says me Lykkemark, who is living 70 miles south of Copenhagen.

bil-og-drago1.jpg

And a little look into the garage, where the Vette is waiting for the season, including the blue "sunbed"

rampe022.jpg

The Vette is 1971 T-top Bigblock, which I bought approx three years ago, after a ugly heartattack. The doctor adviced me to get a hobby instead of working around the clock, seems like a good advice.

I enjoy reading here and I would like to take the oppertunity to say thank you for all the good advices. I have earlier on a different board had the pleasure of writing a little bit with Gene (Mr Vette), and enjoyed his advice on my cooling problem.

Best regards

Lykkemark

Says me Lykkemark, who is living 70 miles south of Copenhagen.

And a little look into the garage, where the Vette is waiting for the season, including the blue "sunbed"
]

The Vette is 1971 T-top Bigblock, which I bought approx three years ago, after a ugly heartattack. The doctor adviced me to get a hobby instead of working around the clock, seems like a good advice.

I enjoy reading here and I would like to take the oppertunity to say thank you for all the good advices. I have earlier on a different board had the pleasure of writing a little bit with Gene (Mr Vette), and enjoyed his advice on my cooling problem.

Best regards

Lykkemark

Welcome to the motley crew of the Flying Dutchmen....

Hopefully that cooling problem is put to bed, certainly for THIS winter, that for sure.....we will see sometime before August, surely.....:cool::lol:

as we say, around the world, 'if you don't like the weather, wait a minit'....

:lol: I"m retarred, so have too much time on my hands, much to the consternation of everyone on the net....

:crutches:

Welcome to VetteMod!
Velkommen blandt gode Vette-venner :hi:

Freezing? Well this just a test before it is getting real cold :lol:

Arne

Greetings!. I have been to Denmark many times, In fact I was married in Svenborg, really a nice country.

Your ramps in your garage, did you make those or buy them? They look very nice with the diamond plate.

c-ya
ToddG :beer:

Dear all

Thank You for the nice wellcome, I do not belive that I have the knowledge to write answers, but hopefully I can continue to listen and learn.

Having said that, Todd asked a question I can answer (hooray), so I will do that.

To be quite frank and honest, working under the the car on jackstands, was not my game, I felt completely uncomfertable with it. I do not care how many european approvals that was labelled on them, at that price they where made somewhere in China, and how much sand there where in the ironmix, nobody knows.

I was searching all over the place, hereby I mean europe, but also the US for a Kwiklift, since the bearing construcktion of the roof my garage is quite low, and lenght is limited, anyhow this is and old pighouse and I feel at home:devil:.

I wanted a Kwiklift, but it is quite heavy being made of iron, that would cost an arm and a leg, to get to Denmark. During my search I found this, made out of alloy and all carrying parts is made of stainless steel (and I have which is not on the pictures the jackstands two 3 tonnes under each ramp just for safety), doing the same thing, but I can throw it up on ladder hangers when i do not use it, it weighs nothing, and comes from the UK. I have made some modifications to it, by using 1/4" thick alloy plates from staircases for jacks etc:

http://www.levo-artis.com

Like this:

rampe014.jpg

rampe017.jpg

rampe2001.jpg

rampe2004.jpg

This works nicely for me, and I feel safe, which was the whole idea.
An extra plus is that you can place all the light you want on the ramps and your tools too.
All extras is bolted on, nothing can move.

My very best regards to the community

Lykkemark

Last edited:
Do you crawl under that? Scary shit man! thin gauge aluminum diamond plate with nothing to keep it from buckling other than a bend on each side? Are there cross supports under there? Don't want to rain on the parade here but you couldn't pay me to get under those.

Hoold it Twin, read the Levo page first. It is actually quite thick I would say 5 mm. It is in fact dimensioned for two tonnes, and was originally made for a corvette, when he got the idea producing the thing.
The locks are really thick, stainless steel, real tubes.Furthermore as i wrote, I have two crossmembers 5 mm alloy( from an industrial staircase approved for two tonnes plus) bolted on, for bottlejacks to lift the car further, the whole setup is steady as a rock.
I am not a salesman for this, but I am truely happy with this outfit, and that counts for me.
I have seen both in real life (my uncle was chrushed and died under a tractor that was driven up on an oildrum) and people working under jackstands that was secured by a locking nail 4 mm thick made in nowhere.

But with this outfit secured by 4 times 3 tonnes jackstands I feel ok.

And said again, I was just replying to Todd's question, I did not recommend anything:cool:

But as a penalty, I will ask you a question tomorrow, about dimension in wiring.

Lykkemark

Last edited:
To me that looks very solid as you describe. I have seen others that are the exact same thing made out of wood that did not look safe at all. This will be my next project for sure.
c-ya
ToddG:beer:

I didn't mean to bash it or be a jerk. From the looks of it and being aluminum I thought they were a bit on the thin side judging by the pics