have any of you ever seen this electric powered vette?

THAT is a very curious build, very interesting to me, I was thinking of modifying a Saturn with two golf cart motors ....about 3 years ago.....what stopped me was my source of cheep used motors shut down operations.....I was thinking of two 36 or 48? volt motors....and a method of putting the batteries in parallel for charging, so a some 12 volt chargers would do ....

never thought of using a vette for the project, wonder what one of them motors cost??

:thumbs::smash:

THAT is a very curious build, very interesting to me, I was thinking of modifying a Saturn with two golf cart motors ....about 3 years ago.....what stopped me was my source of cheep used motors shut down operations.....I was thinking of two 36 or 48? volt motors....and a method of putting the batteries in parallel for charging, so a some 12 volt chargers would do ....

never thought of using a vette for the project, wonder what one of them motors cost??

I liked it for the clamshell hood access to the batteries and what not. I also noticed his motor was setup for a driveshaft. I always thought the electric car would have some sort of a transmission. Sad it only has a 40 mile range though, my commute is about 50 miles so I would run outta juice before I got home :):) J/K

I honestly like it though because unlike any other electric/hybrid cars this one looks awsome!

I also noticed his motor was setup for a driveshaft. I always thought the electric car would have some sort of a transmission.

There is a Datsun that uses the driveshaft that is running mid 11s.
I think the motor was rated for 300 to 400 hp depending on type of batterys.
I think a C4 would make a great electric motor project car.

Screw the HP ratings, think of the TORQUE!!!! yeaaaaa buddy!! Hold my beer, watch THIS!!!!

:devil::2nd::suicide:

I also noticed his motor was setup for a driveshaft. I always thought the electric car would have some sort of a transmission.

Screw the HP ratings, think of the TORQUE!!!! yeaaaaa buddy!! Hold my beer, watch THIS!!!!

Once he gets all the bugs out of that vette he could easily sell conversion kits. I like how he says he breaks U-joints though lol.

http://evsource.com/tls_transwarp9.php At say 10-15k it doesn't seem like a bad deal for a conversion kit. Hell I'm almost tempted to make my 82 vette electric since it will be around the town car. Besides some electric motors can make the power that it's cross-fire engine does lol

Last edited:

Yep instant torque , pretty cool to watch !!!

Yeah. There's a guy on the Corvetteforum also from Berdoo (not quite Yucaipa) who built an electric vette too. His name is Mo something. Check his build thread out sometime. It's pretty cool.