guages light problem

rzkas

hi? MY 82, when i bought it, there is no light in my center and speedometer gauges. Signal and brake light works.
Hard to drive vehicle at night without gauge light. The open door light works
What is the problem?

Simplest to check, did you turn the headlight knob to see if the dimmer is not turned up all the way?

check fuses, check if the dimmer switch is turned "off", get a cheap 10$ voltmeter and see if you get 12V before and after the switch.... the reproduction (China) replacement switches don't have a very good reputation so hopefully your switch is fine....

dimmer is turned all the way towards the right but no dash light or center gauges lights. What fuse control the guages light

dimmer is turned all the way towards the right but no dash light or center gauges lights. What fuse control the guages light

All the way to the right, that would be clockwise?? that is the OFF position, or maybe dimmest position....if you need a switch I THINK I have a used one....old real production.....

you maybe have a ground wire problem IIRC they are grounded all together by a black wire connected just above/behind your left kick panel, to the birdcage ...:thumbs: