Greetings from Australia - '71 Big Block

Welcome to the motley crew....

NICE car, what color is it??:harhar:

that car looks NICE, yet you say it needs work.....what aspects??

:confused2:

Welcome to the motley crew....

NICE car, what color is it??:harhar:

Thanks for the kind welcome guys!

It was originally War Bonnet yellow, now it's some kind of vivid yellow like Sunflower. I love the colour and probably won't change it for a long time.

The good - it's mechanically great, the colour, well optioned (big block, tilt tele, PS, AC), the frame's condition is great.

The bad - it handles like a stock big block with the addition of 40 years. Rattles and squeaks.

Last edited:
OK start another thread, and maybe I can give you a few tips as to how I protected my '72 from ANY further windshield rust....maybe 100 years from now....but some how I suspect I not be muchly concerned....

:drink::gurney:

welcome to VetteMod :Hi:

that is a nice Vette, great color and a very clean engine :thumbs:

windshield frame rust ? classic section wold work but 'no sweat', we can move it anytime to where it fits best...

Thank you kindly sir! Which subforum should I post this in? Restoration techniques?

That would be fine. Welcome aboard. Nice ride. Very lucky at your age. I'm 56, and still cannot afford one like that. :twitch:

Cheers.

I managed to afford it by selling an Ford Falcon XB Coupe that I restored for 5 years, and by not drinking or smoking. I didn't even have to take a loan in the end. It was worth it!

Haha, will do. It's certainly interesting - it makes people do a double take when they see that it's LHD.

What would be funny is to show up here at cruise night with a RIGHT hand drive perfect mirror conversion old vette, or any old car for that matter...on this side of the planet....Like say my '72 with everything a perfect mirror image, including steering box.....the old boys would go nucking futz...

:eek::hissyfit::censored:

Hi Matt, im a bit new here also but one of the better sites on the web.:thumbs:my old man has a XA GT Coupe but i think its toast.(to much salt lake fun). I love your colour, im a bit biased though.

Last edited: