Getting started.....

My first V8 was a Hipo 289 64 Fairlane.:friends:

Worth a small fortune now. :D

I would grab a 1966-67 Fairlane GT or Comet Cyclone GT in a hearbeat. But they are big $$$ too.

I remember looking a 67 Fairlane GT 390 4 speed for $1,100 in 1969:flash:

I WANT a 65 XL FORD. Big BLOCK!

Heh-heh...as in a SOHC big block? ;)

Yea, that would be the first, second is the 425 hp 427 side oiler.:bounce:

My first V8 was a Hipo 289 64 Fairlane.:friends:

Worth a small fortune now. :D

I would grab a 1966-67 Fairlane GT or Comet Cyclone GT in a hearbeat. But they are big $$$ too.

I remember looking a 67 Fairlane GT 390 4 speed for $1,100 in 1969:flash:

I WANT a 65 XL FORD. Big BLOCK!

Heh-heh...as in a SOHC big block? ;)

Yea, that would be the first, second is the 425 hp 427 side oiler.:bounce:

Heh-heh...as in a SOHC big block? ;)[/
There is an SOHC Ford at Embee. There is also some guy at the T-Bird shows that has a SOHC Ford in a 57 T-Bird . My FAVORITE is the guy with a 57 Bird with an LS-6 and Vette grill called "Thundervette." One of those rare custom cars that looks factory made.

I've seen ONE pic of a 427 cammer installed in a full size Ford (see below). You could only get them as a dealer-installed item. None came from the factory (unless you count a couple of Holman-Moody Mustangs). I think the motor cost 3 or 4 grand. A LOT of samolies back in those days. But holy crap!!! When you open the hood it's wall-to-wall engine, even in a big moose Galaxie. :eek:

sohcgalaxie_01_thumb.jpg

sohcgalaxie_02_thumb.jpg

The ULTIMATE Vette killer...a 427 SOHC COBRA!!! Got an L-88?...bring her on!!!! :D

Ack...stoopid link thing doesn't work. Here's the URL. Just take off the first "h".

hhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnRBLzapf_A

Last edited:
I've seen ONE pic of a 427 cammer installed in a full size Ford (see below). You could only get them as a dealer-installed item. None came from the factory (unless you count a couple of Holman-Moody Mustangs). I think the motor cost 3 or 4 grand. A LOT of samolies back in those days. But holy crap!!! When you open the hood it's wall-to-wall engine, even in a big moose Galaxie. :eek:

sohcgalaxie_01_thumb.jpg

sohcgalaxie_02_thumb.jpg

The ULTIMATE Vette killer...a 427 SOHC COBRA!!! Got an L-88?...bring her on!!!! :D

Ack...stoopid link thing doesn't work. Here's the URL. Just take off the first "h".

hhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnRBLzapf_A

Yea, SOHC 650 hp Vette killer.:smash: