Florida vette cruise....

Hey guys, Oct 8th is a 130 AM, that's night time scheduled launch of a shuttle....

then another for Nov 11th.....didn't catch the time.....NASA site on net has the schedules.....

I think it would be cool to try catching the night launch.....but I note that is a freeking wednesday...worst day of the week for anyone working, but I"m retired so don't care....

:censored:

That's 1 thing everyone should see first hand at least once in a lifetime.
A night launch is even better. Whole sky around for miles turns orange.

You used to be able to mail a request for a free windshield pass to NASA and that let you bypass the huge traffic lines and let you park 11 miles away, the closest allowed to observers. Bummer if it is cancelled in the last few minutes though. Don't know if they still do that with all the terrorist stuff now.

Hey guys, Oct 8th is a 130 AM, that's night time scheduled launch of a shuttle....

then another for Nov 11th.....didn't catch the time.....NASA site on net has the schedules.....

I think it would be cool to try catching the night launch.....but I note that is a freeking wednesday...worst day of the week for anyone working, but I"m retired so don't care....

:censored:

That's 1 thing everyone should see first hand at least once in a lifetime.
A night launch is even better. Whole sky around for miles turns orange.

You used to be able to mail a request for a free windshield pass to NASA and that let you bypass the huge traffic lines and let you park 11 miles away, the closest allowed to observers. Bummer if it is cancelled in the last few minutes though. Don't know if they still do that with all the terrorist stuff now.

I remember seeing quite by accident a launch some years ago with my then school age kids, we got lucky and a launch was the next morning from our tour.....

Mother DUCKING ground pounder.....I don't hear much as it passes over my eastern sky behind my house above the tree line either.....

but from the causeway to the space center, that thing is really LOUD and the orange ball is bright even in daylight.....jeebus......

ballzey to see them riding that thing.....gotta be the ultimate trip....:D:D:D