Fiberglass tonneau covers on pickups, gay?

At 300k miles, my VAN is quieter and quicker than your smoking diesel....

Vans are for Hippies and delivering bread. :pprrtt::harhar:

So YOU are for not getting laid....

"If this van's rockin' , don't come knockin''.......remember THAT one??:devil:

and the only bread delivery is in my pocket as I tossed a fat wallet on the desk.....

:trumpet::trumpet::harhar::smash:

Since WHEN you find a plumber/electrician WORKING out of a pickup???

they maybe POSING out of a pickup, pretend farmer that never saw a plow , all pretty and NEW, :thumbs:

Um, everyday, all we have are pick-ups, badass pick-ups. You can't really haul a bunch of electrical conduit on the top of a van, too hard to get to and it makes the van even more top heavy. Of course we also have covered trailers when we want stuff to stay dry. I haven't really seen any GOOD vans in a while whereas our new trucks with 385 horses 400 lb/ft torque and a six speed tranny will pull anything we've got, with a truckload of tools to boot.

Besides, vans have that "pedophile" stigma anyway...:crylol:

Conduit/pipe comes in 20' lengths, I wack it for the amount of work I do.....not a issue for ME, doing remodeling work on OLD houses....

damn seldom I use 20' lengths and then it's when a sub shows up for a major project....with his 4" tubes up top and ends capped on them with lengths inside and a cleanout cap on rear....

wire comes in coils....I only do household wiring....SEC is not a concern....

MY shit stays DRY.....

Florida is full of unused pickups with NEW clean beds totally unmolested by even dust.....

show car posers.....

every once in a while we have a dually with some horse trailer on back with actual horses in there......

should see some of the farms/houses here in horse country....them bastards got MONEY

as in HOLY muvva fuckin DAMN type money out in the woods type security with gates/fences/long roads....

and a funny story of a old friend who married into the Sunoco family....I remember typing about it not so long ago...HERE?? or somewhere else....

The only electrical guys that use pickups around here are the Cable tv guys and they can't habla english anyway. A lot of women have them too. Most of the pickups are getting the big chrome wheels here, if you know what I mean. :cool:

Florida is van heaven. More here than I have ever seen anywhere and I use one myself, 3/4 ton and a 1ton flatbed for the rough stuff.
Got sick of loading and unloading not only for weather but also for theft.
Either park it inside or your stuff is gone.

Gene, 99% of all the conduit used here are 10 footers unless it's rigid and delivered to a jobsite on a 40 ft trailer.

Last edited:
In Australia, we don't generally call them a "pickup", we call them a Ute - short for utility vehicle.

This is my old 1968 HT Holden ute. Cool old beast with a three speed column shift - a real race car :thumbs:
3548ed15db6cc66.jpg

The only electrical guys that use pickups around here are the Cable tv guys and they can't habla english anyway. A lot of women have them too. Most of the pickups are getting the big chrome wheels here, if you know what I mean. :cool:

Florida is van heaven. More here than I have ever seen anywhere and I use one myself, 3/4 ton and a 1ton flatbed for the rough stuff.

Gene, 99% of all the conduit used here are 10 footers unless it's rigid and delivered to a jobsite on a 40 ft trailer.

Funny, the only vans around here are the Phone and Cable guys. Everyone else uses pick-ups.
FWIW, only PVC duct comes in 20' lengths. (EB and DB) Sch 40, special order.
EMT and GRC only comes in 10'.

Oh this is great! I'll join in!

For a dedicated work vehicle, like plumbing or electrician, I'll go with a van with pipe rack & parts bins. But for a general use truck, I want a pick-up. It really sucks to haul stuff like a yard of dirt, a pallet of bricks, a load of lumber, or even just motorcycles & boxes, in a van. I have lived in both, and while the van is better for living in, a pickup truck can be both home & income. Give me a pickup with a sturdy tarp & rope any day.

A man has got to have a truck.

Oh and as to the original question, I don't give a poop one way or the other, just as long as you have the chrome girls on the mudflaps.

Last edited:
Speaking of Trucks here's my new toy. 2003 F-150 FX4 Lariat
On our way back from Oregon my daughter and I hopped
off the plane in Dallas to pick it up while the rest of the family
flew on to Birmingham. We spent a day at the Ft Worth Stockyards
and a few with my brother before driving the 600+ miles home.

The Wife has to have permission to drive it. :D

DSC00018.jpg

Funny, the only vans around here are the Phone and Cable guys. Everyone else uses pick-ups.
FWIW, only PVC duct comes in 20' lengths. (EB and DB) Sch 40, special order.
EMT and GRC only comes in 10'.

Same here, Texas is the pick-up truck capital of the world. We couldn't do our work out of a van. Spot on about the conduit too, 10' length.:thumbs:

Can't get my dirtbikes in a van, even if I wanted to I'm to lazy to clean it out. 4x4 2500 for a daily driver here!