FIA Headlights

guru

Anybody got a close up pic of these, so I can figure out how to assemble these things?

Not sure if this will help:

249db2649071b0.jpg

Do you have the buckets and all the tabs to hold the lexan covers? Alexarz had great pics of his lamps, maybe he can post them if he reads this.

Thanks TT.

I bought everything F gregg has to sell

If its not one thing, its another.

Looks like I have to replace the support that the headlight buckets bolt onto under the fiberglass.

If its not one thing, its another.

Looks like I have to replace the support that the headlight buckets bolt onto under the fiberglass.

Shit, rivets?? or just the glue let go??

what year???

:hissyfit:

Rusted out or simply separated? If separated the header bar is easily bonded back on. if rusted out, it's not a fun job.

Rusted out. Partly unglued.

It looks like its held in by 3 bolts.

Its a 73

Rusted out. Partly unglued.

It looks like its held in by 3 bolts.

Its a 73

I just sanded down the rivets which were not too bad really, and they not coming back, over some 11 years now....so hell with it, but I have no rust out there, I thik that bar intersects with the top flange where the hood hinges fasten in.....and is just not supported anywhere in the middle....

on my car, I put a brace in there to push that back up again after that damn deer wreck in '98....it USED to align perfect with the hood....

:gurney:

I have heard of them unbonding due to rust in later sharks....but never any really serious rust issues forcing the steel to be replaced....

mostly they just clean it up, sand blast it, and reglue...

:beer:

I dont think there is rivets at least I cant really see any. It looks bonded.

Anyway. there are 2 supports that support it, that are held in by 2 bolts inside the wheel well.

There is also a center support that is attached to the thing by a single bolt.

So I might be able to just unbolt it, and use a putty knife to get at the caulk bonding, and just pull it right out.

No rivets on 73.

It's glued in and held in by the corner pieces on the wheel side of the fender well and the rod to the rad frame in the center.

So this shouldnt be so bad. Provided I can fish the old part out somehow.

So how does one make the glue let go. I have tried everything and I think if I yank on it anymore I will break the figerglass.

Down to 6" of glue left.

So how does one make the glue let go. I have tried everything and I think if I yank on it anymore I will break the figerglass.

Down to 6" of glue left.

I dunno, figgers...the bolt syndrome.....if you have 2 bolts ONE is a bitch....

if you have 4+ bolts ONE is difficult, the other a bitch....

of you have.....ahhh, you know the drill....

:crap:

Down to 6" of glue left.

For me its the stripped phillips head.

The quantity of phillips head screws has gotten me so mad I have almost pushed my white whale into the street and set it on fire.

Down to 6" of glue left.

For me its the stripped phillips head.

The quantity of phillips head screws has gotten me so mad I have almost pushed my white whale into the street and set it on fire.

Found a stripped phillips screw I managed to get into a 2x4 good enough to hand some hose on just today...first one in a LONG time...

White Whale?? that your vette??

Decades ago, a HUGE OLDS 98 Convertible, surf splashing on Daytona beach...got a wave, killed engine, run for help, tide coming in....the Great White Whale was the nickname was lost at sea.....Larry and Roger..olde tyme friends of mine....next AM the car left NO evidence of it's existence....

:crap::smash:

Moby Dick reference. A vexxing unobtainable goal. Always thwarting me. Pain in my ass.

Down to 6" of glue left.

Sharp putty knife and a hammer.

I was going to suggest that, but not having done it myself, I backed off....

I do have a 4" heavy bladed stiff putty knife with metal all the way up the handle.....about 8 bux at Loews Depot....

:quote: