Fangs or no fangs?

Fangs or no fangs?

• Total voters

enkeivette

Fangs?
2r20jud.jpg

Or no fangs?
15rjt05.jpg

I'm thinking a billet grille behind the bumper if I do decide to get rid of the fangs. Shirley got me thinking, and yes I know I have amazing photochop skills. :nuts:

The way you have it now is pretty much unique, haven't seen anybody fit that style bumper on a bubble window. The open design looks too much like the bumper that Vanacor sells.

i think you know what i like... :drink:

for support i was thinking about maybe bending a metal rod and tucking it behind the bottom end of the bumper then glassing that in.. but its just a thought.

honestly at the point you're at now, it wouldnt take much more than some balls to change it.. if you're not painting soon id just leave it and let it soak in your head for a few days

Last edited:
I had my grill made by my TIG welder buddy, from some hardware store aluminum stock 1/8x1"x ? stock....heated, filled, bent, welded to 3/4 inch

it's on here or my site.....the bars have been bent the last couple of years on account of someone backed into the car, and so it never got fixed quite correctly....need do something about it, someday....

:(:cry:

i think you know what i like... :drink:

for support i was thinking about maybe bending a metal rod and tucking it behind the bottom end of the bumper then glassing that in.. but its just a thought.

honestly at the point you're at now, it wouldnt take much more than some balls to change it.. if you're not painting soon id just leave it and let it soak in your head for a few days

It would be easy to do, even on the car, just use a piece of matte or two to get the shape. Press it on from behind with some resin, dremel, filler, sand, voila. Creating the step at the top will be harder than ditching the fangs.

...for support i was thinking about maybe bending a metal rod and tucking it behind the bottom end of the bumper then glassing that in.. but its just a thought.

The lower part of the bumper has a metal re-enforcing brace that bolts to the lower valance and front fender braces (at least on the '75). I imagine this would offer enough support. That honeycomb can also be removed from the front bumper brace.