do any of you have a 91-96 assembly manual and can post pics of F/bumper details?

JeffP1167

I am have a hell of a time getting this bumper to line up correctly on my 1990, When I tighten the impact bar to the frame rails the cover gets to close to the center of the hood and then wide gaps are on each side and I am baffled why it is doing this.

I am using all the correct 91-96 impact bar, upper cover retainers, my 90 side supports I think need modifying in order to work but aside from these supports I have every possible 91-96 part right down to the air dam, skid bars and front wheel houses so I don't know why this is being so hard to mount up. I also have equal door to hood gaps so the hood seems to be fitting correctly.

when I lift up on the bumper assembly the sides of the cover are level with the hood but the center area is to low.

when I had the stock 90 bumper on it it lined up fine so don't think this is bent frame rail issue (car hit something at one time but damage was limited to skid bars and impact bumper) Hood also doesn't seem to have any work done on it that would cause these problems.