Differential strength comparisons

Believe it or not Dep, some of us like having IRS. Even with the inherent problems of the C2/C3 IRS it still has much better handling properties than a solid axle.

And this guy is in the 10s with the stock IRS and stock tires. 1969 Chevrolet Corvettes - Drag Strip Domination. You planning to go faster?

Hmmmm..."Rearend: GM 12-bolt Positraction differential, 4.10:1 ring-and-pinion"

Sounds more like a Tom's differential conversion to me. And I bet the rear end is using some kind of VBP or Dragvette setup. That stuff gets classified as "safety equipment" by the drag racing ruling bodies. I notice there are no pics of the undercarriage. ;) Plus that engine is nowhere near "stock".

And yes, I hope to go faster than that. Mine is gutted and all excess weight has been removed.

I am reminded of my signature line at the CF..."As-long-as I can make the last turn-off onto the return-road at the drag-strip, my Corvette is 'handling' JUST FINE!!!!!"....Glensgages

Even with the inherent problems of the C2/C3 IRS it still has much better handling properties than a solid axle.

Depends what you compare it to, I swear my 3rd gens with the panhard bars handle a lot better than even the C4s, they are not as nervous in the rear, they are the most predictably handling cars of the whole lot. I can easily outcorner a C3 with them, not an issue at all.