Deer in the Headlights....

A few days ago my wife called up Dominos to order a pizza. When she placed the order she asked for a "New York style" pizza. The girl on the phone said "we don't carry that kind". My wife comes to me all confused and tells me what happened. I laughed. Same exact thing happened to me a month ago. Evidently people working at Dominos aren't aware that their "Brooklyn style pizza" is based on pizzas from Brooklyn, NEW YORK. :rolleyes:

A few days ago my wife called up Dominos to order a pizza. When she placed the order she asked for a "New York style" pizza. The girl on the phone said "we don't carry that kind". My wife comes to me all confused and tells me what happened. I laughed. Same exact thing happened to me a month ago. Evidently people working at Dominos aren't aware that their "Brooklyn style pizza" is based on pizzas from Brooklyn, NEW YORK. :rolleyes:

Well, at least the reponse wasn't....New York? What is that?

Whenever I order Domino's out here, I have to repeatedly specify TRADITIONAL CUT otherwise the morons use their "default" cut which is called Chicago cut - which is cutting a large ROUND pizza into 2 inch SQUARES.

Chicago cut WTF is that all about??

Dickheads :cussing:

Whenever I order Domino's out here, I have to repeatedly specify TRADITIONAL CUT otherwise the morons use their "default" cut which is called Chicago cut - which is cutting a large ROUND pizza into 2 inch SQUARES.

Hahahaha....

Being a Chicago native, we always had our Pizza cut into squares. I have no idea why it is cut that way.

Dep is from that area...I think....what say you Dep?

When I moved out here, I was suprised to see huge wedged shape cuts.

Hahahaha....

Being a Chicago native, we always had our Pizza cut into squares. I have no idea why it is cut that way.

Dep is from that area...I think....what say you Dep?

When I moved out here, I was suprised to see huge wedged shape cuts.

Yep...all our pizzas were cut in squares when I was in Chicago and northern suburbs. When I got to Silver City everything was cut like a pie.
I have a scientific theory on the "square cut" (never heard of it called a Chicago cut). My theory is that pizzas in Chicago are always hot out of the oven when you eat them. The center area always has more cheese than the outer edges. And the cheese seems to stay a lot hotter than the outer edges. So if you eat a pizza that is pie cut, every frigging pie slice is gonna burn the shit out of your tongue if you start at the pointy section of the slice. Oh yeah....any a-hole that eats a "pie slice" of pizza from any part other than the pointy section is queer and should be shunned.
Now the square cut pizza has little sections that can usually be eaten immediately. If you go to Barnaby's for pizza, the smell is just plain awesome when that pizza is sitting on the table in front of you. So the temptation to immediately begin eating is overwhelming. The ONLY pieces you can eat (unless you have an asbestos mouth) are teeny tiny pieces that are on the edge of the pizza. These pieces are a result of the square cut.

Unfortunately, the only pizza places in my town are Dominos and Pizza Hunt. They never serve hot pizza!!! Geez I miss Barnaby's. Smokin'...you don't know how lucky you are to have such a fantastic choice in places to go for quality pizza. There is a place up in Waukegan, IL that has pizza made with Scamorza cheese. That cheese has to be the gooiest, stringiest cheese ever made. But the taste is fantastic.
http://www.practicallyedible.com/ed.../edible.nsf/pages/scamorzacheese!opendocument

Oops...I see Smokin' doesn't live in Chicago any more. So he is deprived just as I am. :(

And yes...I am a pizza connoisseur. :D

There is no GOOD pizza in Greensboro...I am deprived.

Ever been to Connies off of Archer Ave? What about the original Home Run Inn? Gino's East...Giordanos...

Damn, I miss Chicago Style Pizza.

Ever been to Connies off of Archer Ave? What about the original Home Run Inn? Gino's East...Giordanos...

Yes to Connies and Home Run Inn. No to Giordanos. There are some Chicago name pizza places in Las Cruces, NM, but I haven't tried them. I think they have a Pizza Uno there. I used to live in walking distance from a Lou Malnati outlet.

Yes to Connies and Home Run Inn. No to Giordanos. There are some Chicago name pizza places in Las Cruces, NM, but I haven't tried them. I think they have a Pizza Uno there. I used to live in walking distance from a Lou Malnati outlet.

I forgot about Lou's. They built a Pizza Uno about 15 miles from me about 2 years ago. I was excited going in and extremely dissappointed coming out. The Latin American cooks in the place just couldn't cut it. Haven't been there since that first visit....maybe they've gotten it right now...Guess where I'm headed to dinner.

I know exactly what you mean. Every damn restraunt and fast food joint in my area has illegal aliens doing the cooking. Which means, of course, red pepper in everything. My wife already said any restraunt we find that they have "back home" isn't going to taste normal. We did go to Tuscon last June and found an Olive Garden where the food actually tasted Italian and not Mexitalian.

I believe my Sicilian friend says Italians always cut their pizza in squares.

I believe my Sicilian friend says Italians always cut their pizza in squares.

There are ONLY TWO decent pizza joints in town, and both of the are really greait EYEtalian restaurants......

one of them is strictly white linen and only has 23 tables in it.....

the food is to die for....

the other is a Sicilian place, not so formal, but....:shocking::1st: on the food....

my problem is I tend to embarrass myself at them kind of places....

:1st::beer:

Surely you jest.:D

:bullshit: I find that rather hard to believe :suspicious: I would suspect that Gene fit's right into those fancy restraunts like a fish takes to water.:friends:

:pprrtt:

Then on the other hand,i can invision Gene in one of those fancy places acting like Jake & Elwood from the Blues brothers,tossing shrimp into each others mouth's and saying "How much for youre woman"

:lol::lol::lol:

Surely you jest.:D

:bullshit: I find that rather hard to believe :suspicious: I would suspect that Gene fit's right into those fancy restraunts like a fish takes to water.:friends:

:pprrtt:

Then on the other hand,i can invision Gene in one of those fancy places acting like Jake & Elwood from the Blues brothers,tossing shrimp into each others mouth's and saying "How much for youre woman"

:lol::lol::lol:

:censored:MAMA Sarnelli don't allow such at her white linen place, she walks around to all the tables at least 6x/hour calling everyone sweetie or dear , and asking if everything's ok.....i'ts a local business hangout, many a deal discussed there, same with Grumpy's breakfast/lunch restaurant up the street, where the local power structure eats....I feel the need to go for the Sicilian place again, wife don't like spicy food though, shame, my tummy don't either so much these daze, but that not stopping my mouth one damn bit.....

belch....:banned::zzz:

When I wrenched in a Chevron station right after H.S., we has a pizza place in our lot called Guiseppi's. Square pizzas cut into squares, hot as hell(temp), with 6 cheeses and real sausage. I fuggin miss that place BAD. Anything else since tastes like cardboard.
Glenn, you remember that place? Ball and Anaheim Blvd? Next to Mayfair Market?

When I wrenched in a Chevron station right after H.S., we has a pizza place in our lot called Guiseppi's. Square pizzas cut into squares, hot as hell(temp), with 6 cheeses and real sausage. I fuggin miss that place BAD. Anything else since tastes like cardboard.
Glenn, you remember that place? Ball and Anaheim Blvd? Next to Mayfair Market?

Damn, that was a long time ago. I was there once or twice in the 70's. Was really good stuff. My farvorite -back then- was the Chicago Pizza place by Balboa Island.
Also the corner pizza place by Newport Pier.

Last edited: