Custom L88/Stinger hood

You beat me to it. I wanted to do this since I saw Panic's high rise hood with the stinger added ... it looks good on top of the L88 and you're doing some nice fiberglass work there, looks smooth :thumbs:

I never did the glass work ... it was a friend of mine .... he just hates working with glass and said he is no good at it .... he does amazing things with metal .. so after hounding and bribing him ... this is what i got .. now i have to try to convince him to do the rest of the car ... haha

I never did the glass work ... it was a friend of mine .... he just hates working with glass and said he is no good at it .... he does amazing things with metal .. so after hounding and bribing him ... this is what i got .. now i have to try to convince him to do the rest of the car ... haha

Absolutely excellent work.

8924c71ef171fe1a.jpg

finally got my hood on the car .... i couldn't be happier with it ... now i guess it is time to get the car painted....

Now that's sick. It turned out great Terry...I really like it. Your giving me ideas now to install one on my hood...

you should to make one like this for your car ... it would look wicked on a flared car ... if you have any questions just give me a call and i will pop over.

8924c71ef171fe1a.jpg

finally got my hood on the car .... i couldn't be happier with it ... now i guess it is time to get the car painted....

PAINT it?? that looks good just the way it is.....

and those wheels, the stock shark mags look with being larger diameter...slick, I like that.....what sizes are they???

:clap::clap:

Thanks Gene ... i have put alot of time and money into the car making it exactly what i want .. I am not a body man though and now i am down to just body work and paint and i am not good enough at body work ( i am a sledge hammer body man at best), to tackle a job like that ... so i guess i will have to farm that work out ... it will not be a show car .... i like to punish it way to much for that but it will have to be respectable + ... but it is gonna look so much better black.

hopefully your local shops are better than what we have here in Orlando... I asked a few shops how much they charge to paint my '79... that was back in 2006...
Basically I got the "go away" price. They seem to prefer insurance jobs where they make good money due to volume. Even though I stripped the car and all the glass was exposed and they were able to see that there was no hidden damage or cracks they still wanted between $6000 and $8000 :lol::lol::lol:

I went to Barnes and Nobles and bought a book ... then went to Home Depot and got a 60gal compressor.... $30 Ebay gun for the primer, $200 DeVilbiss gun for the paint/clear...

All together $2000 for tools and material.

If I can paint anyone can..... by the time you're done with the primer you'll know enough to spray base/clear.....

hopefully your local shops are better than what we have here in Orlando... I asked a few shops how much they charge to paint my '79... that was back in 2006...
Basically I got the "go away" price. They seem to prefer insurance jobs where they make good money due to volume. Even though I stripped the car and all the glass was exposed and they were able to see that there was no hidden damage or cracks they still wanted between $6000 and $8000 :lol::lol::lol:

I went to Barnes and Nobles and bought a book ... then went to Home Depot and got a 60gal compressor.... $30 Ebay gun for the primer, $200 DeVilbiss gun for the paint/clear...

All together $2000 for tools and material.

If I can paint anyone can..... by the time you're done with the primer you'll know enough to spray base/clear.....

Uh huhhh....:lol::suicide:

well i am lucky my step brother manages a body shop and I used to work for the owners of the body shop many years ago ... its the same GM dealership that i got my 572 for $100 over cost. The guy that did my hood will be the guy doing the body work ... and i got a quote of 10 000 canadian which is quite reasanable and my brother will make sure they don't pull any shady shit. So i quess it will go in next april when insurance work is slow. Honestly after watching Jeremy work on his car ... their is no way i want to tackle this type of work ... i can just see it becoming a never ending process.... 10 000 for paint and body work sounds like a good deal

For that kinda bux, I"d go to a aluminum stock supply house, buy enough metal and redo the entire thing in aluminum skin......

course I gotta buddy who would hate me forever for even ASKING him to TIG it up......:lol::lol::hunter:

10000 is not that bad for my car it needs alot of TLC when it comes to the body ... the doors need to be media blasted inside and the left front fender bonding seem is cracking plus the front fenders need to be shaped the match the 80 style bumpers and the list goes on ... it will suck up huge amounts of time that i really can't commit to it. And honestly i hate the dust from body work .... i am more of a grease kinda guy ..

10000 is not that bad for my car it needs alot of TLC when it comes to the body ... the doors need to be media blasted inside and the left front fender bonding seem is cracking plus the front fenders need to be shaped the match the 80 style bumpers and the list goes on ... it will suck up huge amounts of time that i really can't commit to it. And honestly i hate the dust from body work .... i am more of a grease kinda guy ..

Yeh, me too, plus I no damn good at it...

far better off with mechanical/electrical shit....

:lol:

Your paint is no longer perfect. Time to add some modest flares in the rear.

Ps, hood looks amazing. I want to make love to it.