coys c5 wheels

BOSS wheels are now making a nice 5 spoke cast wheel..check those out.

You're right, the BOSS wheels are extremely good-looking.

Only problem is that the back-spacing is 4.5 and our Vettes need 4" (for an 8" wheel).

That's the problem with most "old school" rims, back-space is normally 4.5".

338_GREY_5.jpg

Meh.....so coys has crappy customer service, rats...that's the last thing i need, more parts hassles.... Year One sucks when it comes to that too.... they sell wheels that they don't even have available yet. Order in Oct, wheels will be available in Feb... WTF?

I'm not sayin I wouldn't order from them again, I think I would. I would just make sure that I would leave myself lots of time. The other thing is, they are chinese castings, definately not a high quality wheel. Then there is the consideration of knowingly suporting that economy.

The China decided it for me. Even AR wheels are cast in China, got some anthracite wheels and they were...yup...China. got some white boxed knock offs a couple months later, sure enough the exact same wheel, and I mean mirror image, half the price (and the ARs were already pretty cheap)

BOSS wheels are now making a nice 5 spoke cast wheel..check those out.

You're right, the BOSS wheels are extremely good-looking.

Only problem is that the back-spacing is 4.5 and our Vettes need 4" (for an 8" wheel).

That's the problem with most "old school" rims, back-space is normally 4.5".

338_GREY_5.jpg

A guy on the other forum has bought the boss wheel and "says" there are no problems. Does the back-spacing cause the problem on the front???? I cant see where it would cause a problem on the rear.....I think the coys are 4.5 back-spacing. Not sure though

so i just called and asked how long they it would take for a set of wheels.. the guy said he has a shippment coming in about 3 weeks.. said it would take about 3-5 days to ship after that.. did anyone get the same deal over the phone and found themselves waiting for 3 months or more?:huh:

Not my experience personally, but my brother has been waiting 4 ½ months. They told him they would be here in 2 ½ to 3 weeks. This is my problem with them. I would live to order them, but I don't want to be waiting for ever.. :huh:

Not my experience personally, but my brother has been waiting 4 ½ months. They told him they would be here in 2 ½ to 3 weeks. This is my problem with them. I would live to order them, but I don't want to be waiting for ever.. :huh:

I definitely agree with that! Who wants to shell out a GRAND and then wait 3-6 months to get your rims...

I would only buy them if they actually have them in stock.

64748ef78052e7b1.jpg

Here are the 18"x8" chrome C-5s on my 77. I ordered them last april and had them in about 8 days. The tire shop I went to ruined one of them. They ordered a replacement and I had it in two days, no problem. I'm sorry some of you had a bad experience with them. I had just the opposite.
Well, I can't seem to get the pic to post. If you look at my one pic it shows them.

Last edited: