Could Be A Good Thing

A friend of mine who just threw a rod is interested in this one. Tracy is around the corner from him and 20 minutes from me so it isn't far.

It sure looks pretty. One warning that I did give him is that any idiot can say that he knows what he's doing and is an ex mechanic. Truth is you won't know what you have until you've run it for a while and if anything goes wrong, you're out however much you paid. Not much i the way of warrantee on a home built engine.

So you're not interested in this one to replace your big block? Just think of how much you'd save in fuel. :D

Agree, anybody can say he knows what he's doing and it's a lot of money for an engine with no warranty - flat tappet lifter/cam ???

Brings back memories of that prof. engine builder over yonder who even had his own name tags...and then he said he had never seen the oil plug on the rear deck near the china wall on an SBC and with the heads already installed oil was shooting out there and it was a pita because he had to pull the head to plug it :) :D

Brings back memories of that prof. engine builder over yonder who even had his own name tags...and then he said he had never seen the oil plug on the rear deck near the china wall on an SBC and with the heads already installed oil was shooting out there and it was a pita because he had to pull the head to plug it :) :D

:hissyfit: bullshit....you GOTTA be kidding....:bonkers:

NO WAY MAN.....

:crylol::friends:

"not professionally" ----> :bonkers::D:crutches:

ok, just to add something serious: $3000 is a lot of money and you can buy a lot for that much money.

You don't know this guy so you have to take his word for it.... it might be a great engine, the guy might be as good as he says... good chance he is, not everybody is a crook.....

Just my opinion and my 2 cents: it's too much money to second guess your purchase.... there are just too many options out there when it comes to SBCs - $3K can buy a LS1 engine that you might be able to see and hear running (in a totalled car).... I assume that's what this guy bought :D

Last edited:
Well I guess we'll find out. He went a head and bought it. Should be installed within two weeks.