Chrysler closes it's doors

If you discussed EVERY event as though it was a resultant of a "macro" event you would never get anywhere. Here we are, connecting a month long shut down at Chrysler with the search for WMD. It's ridiculous and again, the reason why there is NO P,R & C section at VetteMOD.

I don't have any problem with discussing the shutdown of the the Chrysler plant WITHOUT irrelevant, off of the topic posting.

I hear you man, but when NO one get's credit to buy a car these daze, and 1/2 of US out there have a tough time hanging in with layoffs, and housing shit problems....how in hell can ANY car company sell CARS??? look at Toy/etc....ALL of them are hurting....shipping the Toy pickups overseas now....made here and on the freighter heading out...

You know, this shit goes back SO many decades it's a joke.....I had a much older cousin who managed the Bayonne New Jersey Navy Yard electronics depot, transit support for the Atlantic fleet.....when I was in grade school...he was in his late 20's.....anyway, he talked of the .gov buying tons of fancy dan electronics gear from Tektronics scopes to Hewlett Packard gear to god knows WHAT, and brand new in the boxes, taking a barge out to sea and OVERBOARD....still in the shipping cartons.....here I would have killed for a Tek scope, and he is dumping that shit overboard in the Atlantic.....

serious true story.....now how does that apply today for industrial support???

I know, no one want to do it and can't stand the thought of 1/2 the BGreen output being shark food.....

but it's not the first time.....

:devil:

I think that Chrysler is trying to bluff the gov into thinking it will shut down for good. This is causing panic in the market place. With the talk alone, pressure will be put on the politicians to do something. This pressure would be from the union troops that carry a loud voice in the US. Other pressure would be from the suppliers that provide parts to complete the cars. Just look at the talk in this thread alone.

If the US gov bails out the Big 3, why wouldn't they be asking Mexico & Canada to support the cause. The condition of shutting down plants out of the US markets should be manditory! We the taxpayers have got to stop footing the bill for the CEO's that are running away with millions. It appears that the saying " the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer" is a very true statement. Where does the bleeding stop?

The union's are not the problem in this case. It's the greedy underhand politicians, speculators, & the upper brass in all of the Big 3.

Just my 2 cents worth!

Herb, the fucking problem is they gotta be Harvard LAW PHD to change a God Damn tire anymore, let alone build a CAR.....

very old phrase from Walt Kelly comic strip he wrote decades ago....

shows Pogo reading a newspaper, Pogo was a cartoon Opossum, so reading he comments....

'We have met the enemy, and HE is US'........ I forget what in hell the topic was about, but I read that WAY back, and that telling comment to ME, growing up in the Wash DC area, where the town talked of nothing but poly ticks said alot about the joint.....

I hate pinning the same hopes I had for Carter onto Nobam here, as I full well know what happened with Carter....

getting too damn old and crotchety to care, just for the kids....

:rain:

Canada is going to kick in some $

Germany is going to kick in some $ (for Opel, a GM subsidiary)

Mexico will comp your first two drinks if you travel to Cancun before the end of the year:lol:

Mexico will comp your first two drinks if you travel to Cancun before the end of the year:lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I dunno, guess me too stupid to understand or something, someone somewhere somehow is getting away with financial murder in this shit pile.....

Gotta be a reason ever ONE of them damn Wall Street banks went along with this scam shit on mortgages, and not ONE of the lousey bastards did anything public to blow the lid on the disaster a brewing....some 15 years ago....:stirpot::crutches:

Gotta be a reason ever ONE of them damn Wall Street banks went along with this scam shit on mortgages, and not ONE of the lousey bastards did anything public to blow the lid on the disaster a brewing....some 15 years ago....:stirpot::crutches:

They call it GREED

They call it GREED

Combined with sheer stuPIDITY.....ALL them bastards from congress down the list need dragged out back and shot.....

:hunter::hunter::suicide:

I was looking for the part where UAW workers get 95% and white collar gets nothing.

Maybe the white collar guys should organise?:stirpot::lol:

There are many white collar unions....the one that comes to mind is Mack Trucks up in PA.

Teachers, administrators, and everyone who works for the government. SAG (screen actors guild), Broadcasters union, etc.....

All of which are just as useless.

I was looking for the part where UAW workers get 95% and white collar gets nothing.

Maybe the white collar guys should organise?:stirpot::lol:

There are many white collar unions....the one that comes to mind is Mack Trucks up in PA.

Teachers, administrators, and everyone who works for the government. SAG (screen actors guild), Broadcasters union, etc.....

All of which are just as useless.

UHH...don't get me going on .gov unions, they on the freeking dole anyway....
don't forget I spent 53 years in that town...forgot more than most folks think they know....

:crutches:

White collar unions:

Not sure but I think the biggest union out there is a (largely) a white collar union. The American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) is made up of 3,500 local unions representing 1.4 million members. They were the 2nd biggest political contributor in 2008.

I won't say which party they contributed 99% of their money to :wink:

White collar unions:

Not sure but I think the biggest union out there is a (largely) a white collar union. The American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) is made up of 3,500 local unions representing 1.4 million members. They were the 2nd biggest political contributor in 2008.

I won't say which party they contributed 99% of their money to :wink:

Which is why the ONLY .gov employees allowed to be voting should be .mil.police.fire/emt......

but then again....from school janitor through top job....I bet 70% of the working stiffs depend on .gov checks one way or another....

roads, military contractors, you name it.....down to supplying pencils....

:stirpot::rain: