Check out my new 19" wheels

I tried to get something made in 19 inch as close as i could get to the factory aluminum ones

Smokin'!!!! There was a guy on CF years ago who had his done in 17, they milled out the stock wheel centers and welded spun ring hoops on. Quick, get a pic of them on the car :)

i will not be able to get them on the car till next spring ... the car is in storage ... and need to change the trailing arms to get the rears to fit.

i had them custom made .... fronts are 19x9 with 255/40zr19 tires and rears are 19x12 with 345/30zr19 with a 6.5 back spacing .. which means its gonna take some massaging to get them in. the fronts are 4.5 backspace so that puts the rim center in the same location as the factory wheels. It has been a long process to get these but i am very happy with the way they turned out and i can't wait to get them on the car.

They are expensive especially for some one that does not like to spend money...... but if you call around and start pricing this out, prices will vary as much as 10000 but i think that is some manufactures way of saying they don't want the job ... i got quotes from alot of different manufacturers and it was rediculous what some wanted .. highest quote was $15000 ... had one manufacture give me a reasonable quote but charged 200 everytime they did a cad drawing ... i sent them pictures and drawings of what i wanted and their cad drawings were way off and they just wanted to keep on charging ... so i got mad and went looking for manufactures and finally found NC Forged ... they were awsome to work with and every time i paid for a cad drawing they would deduct that cost from the final price ... so the price worked out to about the same as buying a foose wheel or some other redi made wheel from a high end manufacturer.

If people are interested in the same wheel i will help them out ... i do not have to be the only one with these wheels .... i had them made because i think the stock wheels are one of the best looking wheels on vettes, just wanted to try an updated look and tires sizes for 15 inch wheels are limited ... i like fat tires!!!

Also here is a picture of the wheel with a red pinstripe on it ... kinda like the pace car wheel ... please let me know what you guys think of it ... i am also considering painting the inside of the slots black ... any feedback is greatly appreciated.

8924b0de672b2104.jpg

Very cool wheels! :) I like them. The price tag is a little on the high side for my modest requirements, but why not....

Arne

i will not be able to get them on the car till next spring ... the car is in storage ... and need to change the trailing arms to get the rears to fit.

Sure you will. But it will have to be on my vette first:harhar:.

It was nice meeting you Terry, you truly are a nice guy. We'll have to get together again sometime...I could use the extra help with this project.

Guys, these rims are friggen massive...I LOVE THEM. Terry needs to cut and weld part of the frame to get these to fit on his vette, which he already planned on doing before ordering them. All I can say is that if I had the money, I would probably buy a set of these...but they don't come cheap!!!

DSC06030.jpg

DSC06032.jpg

It was good to meet you too Jeremy ... those wheels look deadly an a flared car ... got me thinking now .... OH the work will never end!!!!

Too every one that has veiwed Jeremy's thread ... this guy has gone through rediculous pain to make the perfect VETTE ... and trust me this car will be 10 times better than GM would have ever built it ... He has even taken off the factory undercoating material from the battery box area .... all, and i mean all of the glass on this car is CLEAN ... paint or even a spot of dirt does not exist on this bad ass car at the moment ...

I have to give great respect to Mike also ... for taking Jeremy under his wing and providing him with the knowledge and help to make his project a success ... That is what makes this hobby great ... Information must be passed on from generation to generation ... it just seems that there are so few young people that have the desire to learn now a days. Keep up the good work Jeremy and feel free to give me a call when you need a second set of hands

It was good to meet you too Jeremy ... those wheels look deadly an a flared car ... got me thinking now .... OH the work will never end!!!!

Too every one that has veiwed Jeremy's thread ... this guy has gone through rediculous pain to make the perfect VETTE ... and trust me this car will be 10 times better than GM would have ever built it ... He has even taken off the factory undercoating material from the battery box area .... all, and i mean all of the glass on this car is CLEAN ... paint or even a spot of dirt does not exist on this bad ass car at the moment ...

I have to give great respect to Mike also ... for taking Jeremy under his wing and providing him with the knowledge and help to make his project a success ... That is what makes this hobby great ... Information must be passed on from generation to generation ... it just seems that there are so few young people that have the desire to learn now a days. Keep up the good work Jeremy and feel free to give me a call when you need a second set of hands

Thanks for the compliments Terry. It's taken me hundreds upon hundreds of hours to get to where I am right now...it wasn't easy. I had to suffer a lot of pain in the process...my hands are destroyed lol. If you ever need anything, whether its advice or something hands on, let me know. And, once again, those wheels of yours are insane. You had great vision for those rims...I wish I had the finances to get a set. I never thought the stock rims would look so good on such a wide wheel! You'll have to bring your vette up from sask. so we can burn some rubber one day. You''ll probably kick my ass with that 572 of yours though!!!!