C7 Pics from the Lonestar Corvette Classic

pancake

I have to admit that I am fricking terrible with a camera. And this was just a cell phone camera. It hasn't grown on me yet.. back end is too camaro'ish.. especially with the quarter windows. It does look pretty damn exotic, though.

IMG_20130517_200532_167_zpsb119538b.jpg

IMG_20130517_200542_400_zps6f8d5684.jpg

IMG_20130517_200648_995_zps48ecc400.jpg

IMG_20130517_200701_320_zps7d73fa0c.jpg

And one gratuitous shot of sitting in the middle of turn one on Texas Motor Speedway in a line of Vettes that wrapped the whole track...
IMG_20130517_181815_431_zps2a6b557f.jpg

I kind of agree with your point on the rear end, though I really like he four center outlets. The front end looks pretty cool, even with the iced headlamps. The quarter windows ont other me much.

I like it but damn, those taillights...... fortunatly there's tinting spray.....

Last edited:
I like it but damn, those taillights...... fortunatly there's tinting spray.....

Funny thing is when the 59 chevy first came out none of us liked the eye shaped tail lights and these days everyone is crazy for them....go figure.:search:

Last edited:
Ugly!

Would drive my v-6 firebird before that any day .... Sorry but the vette keeps getting uglier and the price keeps climbing, better to buy a used ferrari then a new vette.

The tailights don't really bother me that much but the sidemarkers at the edge of the wheel arches look like someone had a "great idea" and did it just to be different.

The tailights don't really bother me that much but the sidemarkers at the edge of the wheel arches look like someone had a "great idea" and did it just to be different.

"blackout" takes care of that too :D

the headlights and the side markers remind me of the Nissan Z

Is it my imagination, or did I really read that someone is selling a C7 rear fascia with C6 tail lights?

Also, the hood, are those vent louvers really functional. I get turned off my fake air vents in hoods, before the rear tires, etc.

I've lost $30,000 (?) in depreciation on my C608. If I hadn't lost so much in depreciation, I'd consider trading it in on a C7. All in all, I think it looks a little better (maybe edgy is a better word), the base engine does have a few more horsepower and I understand...correct?... that all C7's now have aluminum chassis pans. For C6, the base car was steel, with the Z06 and ZR1 being aluminum. All aluminum for the C7? It saves something like ~200 pounds of weight.

all C7's now have aluminum chassis pans. For C6, the base car was steel, with the Z06 and ZR1 being aluminum. All aluminum for the C7? It saves something like ~200 pounds of weight.

To save only 200 lbs and spend all the money for me I just don't take the wife along......:drink: