C3 Oil pans

Got this 7 qt pan from Speedway for 95 bucks on sale.
Is 7 1/4" deep same as stock. Came with scrapers, baffles, trap doors and clearanced for stroker cranks. Clears everything under car too.
I believe more oil is better, even for a stock engine.

7Deep7Qt2.jpg

DSC03326.jpg

I like that Noonie. Got a part##??

Is 7 1/4" deep same as stock. Came with scrapers, baffles, trap doors and clearanced for stroker cranks. Clears everything under car too.

7Deep7Qt2.jpg

DSC03326.jpg

Is this it?
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/p/5083,1047_Champ-Style-Small-Block-Chevy-Pan.html

I don't see where it's clearanced for strokers, but the price and features look good. 7" would use the stock pickup? Correct?

7Deep7Qt2.jpg

DSC03326.jpg

Is this it?
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/p/5083,1047_Champ-Style-Small-Block-Chevy-Pan.html

I don't see where it's clearanced for strokers, but the price and features look good. 7" would use the stock pickup? Correct?

Yes a part # on this pan would be great :bounce: and that is a nice looking pan for the price :bounce: How was the install and fit????

Last edited:
The Summit pan looks cheaper quality.
The Summit pan shape is different. The summit pan begins to turn down before it gets to the pan. I think this may interfer with our steering hydralics.
The Summit pan also had no scrapers.

The pan from Speedway has a drain plug in the rear of sump facing the trans I believe.

What does the scraper do? The summit oil pan says it will not fit 80-81 Corvette so is the steering different on an 78-79 and 82?

Also do all 350-4 bolt main blocks have the dipstick on the drivers side? I have noticed that many 383 stroked motors have the dip stick on the drivers side and my two bolt 350 its on the passengers side.

Last edited:
What does the scraper do? The summit oil pan says it will not fit 80-81 Corvette so is the steering different on an 78-79 and 82?

Also do all 350-4 bolt main blocks have the dipstick on the drivers side? I have noticed that many 383 stroked motors have the dip stick on the drivers side and my two bolt 350 its on the passengers side.

80-82 has a pass side dip stick.
The scaper knocks the oil off the spinning crank as it goes past.
To drain the oil, I'll take a wild stab at "unscrew the drain plug.";)

Ya that's the pan. Well built. Has a rear drain.
I used a Melling Select 25% high volume pump 10555. uses a 3/4" p/u, but as you can see the pump inlet is as low as the pickup screen, only about 1/4" from the pan bottom. I cut out part of the windage tray to be able to use a stock style pickup. The pickups designed for this pan just go out to the side and not forward. You have to get the p/u to fit the pump you are using.
Installation was easy but the starter needs to come off.

Drain1.jpg

Mel10555.jpg

claimerpan-1.jpg

I believe they also have this pan to fit later pass side dipsticks as well as 1 piece rear seals.

80-82 has a pass side dip stick.
The scaper knocks the oil off the spinning crank as it goes past.
To drain the oil, I'll take a wild stab at "unscrew the drain plug.";)

Bird in the original picture the drain plug was not shown, only two plugs facing up??? reason for the question. BTW what are the two side plugs for?