C3 myths

I'll pull it off the road for the weekend so I can quickly repair/replace that leaking/broken ........................ (insert component of choice). Shouldn't take me long...

:(

Promise that our Daughter's 4x4 and the Son's Ski Boat will
be finished before one wrench gets turn on that Vette :huh:

I've heard that because the radiator is set back at a 45 degree angle, the C3 cannot be hit with a radar gun. I can attest to this not being true.

I was talking with a guy at a car show. This is how the convo went.

Him: "Looks like you are working on it, it looks good, how did you get centerbolt valve covers to work on this car?"
Me: "They are for Vortec heads..."
Him: "Oh, ok"
Me: (long awkward pause) "So.....you into corvettes?"
Him: "Yeah, I used to own one, an '85"
Me: "Oh really, nice, I kinda like the C4's they get a bad rap because some of them were slow but they handled good and were decently fast."
Him: "Yeah, it was all right, it wouldn't spin the tires but what do you expect out of a V-6?"
Me: "V-6?????"
Him: "Yeah, it was just a base model with the little V-6, nothing special."
Me: "Uhhhh, their has NEVER been a V-6 in a corvette from the factory."
Him: "Yeah there was, they did it in '84 and '85, but they didn't sell too well so they shit-canned the V-6."
Me: "Uh....ok....well.......I've got to go.....uh....over there, see ya 'round.":confused::confused:

I can do you one better. I was watching the Gumball 3000 video, and the camera crew walks up to this guy with a V6 Mustang (one tail pipe) that had the Nissan GTR badge on it and it had an awful gaudy body kit. They start asking him about his car and he claims that it's turbocharged. The crew asks him (in a patronizing manner) "What kind of intercooler are you running?" And he says "uhh... the one that came with it." Then they ask "This is a rotary right?" He says "Yeah" They specify "A rotary with pistons and everything?" He says "Yeah, yeah." :suicide:

Last edited:
I've heard that because the radiator is set back at a 45 degree angle, the C3 cannot be hit with a radar gun. I can attest to this not being true.

I was talking with a guy at a car show. This is how the convo went.

Him: "Looks like you are working on it, it looks good, how did you get centerbolt valve covers to work on this car?"
Me: "They are for Vortec heads..."
Him: "Oh, ok"
Me: (long awkward pause) "So.....you into corvettes?"
Him: "Yeah, I used to own one, an '85"
Me: "Oh really, nice, I kinda like the C4's they get a bad rap because some of them were slow but they handled good and were decently fast."
Him: "Yeah, it was all right, it wouldn't spin the tires but what do you expect out of a V-6?"
Me: "V-6?????"
Him: "Yeah, it was just a base model with the little V-6, nothing special."
Me: "Uhhhh, their has NEVER been a V-6 in a corvette from the factory."
Him: "Yeah there was, they did it in '84 and '85, but they didn't sell too well so they shit-canned the V-6."
Me: "Uh....ok....well.......I've got to go.....uh....over there, see ya 'round.":confused::confused:

I can do you one better. I was watching the Gumball 3000 video, and the camera crew walks up to this guy with a V6 Mustang (one tail pipe) that had the Nissan GTR badge on it and it had an awful gaudy body kit. They start asking him about his car and he claims that it's turbocharged. The crew asks him (in a patronizing manner) "What kind of intercooler are you running?" And he says "uhh... the one that came with it." Then they ask "This is a rotary right?" He says "Yeah" They specify "A rotary with pistons and everything?" He says "Yeah, yeah." :suicide:

THAT ought to make Dr. Wanker proud.....

:shocking: