C-3 Steering control valve POS

I have my eye on Steeroids rack and pinion but seeing as I can't pull togeather enough $ for a new valve that will have to wait a bit.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

john

Well, everyone got a opinion, and coming at this hortod hobby from other ends/perspective.....

long time ago I got wind of a rack conversion, and slowly read up on the net about the positives about it....so before steeroids came out with their kit, I did my own, using their same rack...'92 grand am....the conversion is really fairly simple...but you need some welding/fabricating help or DIY....

I had help....:beer:

I have my eye on Steeroids rack and pinion but seeing as I can't pull togeather enough $ for a new valve that will have to wait a bit.

john

Well, everyone got a opinion, and coming at this hortod hobby from other ends/perspective.....

long time ago I got wind of a rack conversion, and slowly read up on the net about the positives about it....so before steeroids came out with their kit, I did my own, using their same rack...'92 grand am....the conversion is really fairly simple...but you need some welding/fabricating help or DIY....

Unfortunately I have little welding / fabricating ability

john

Unfortunately I have little welding / fabricating ability

Mike/Tracdog can get you the parts you need.....don't mess with most aftermarket conversions....well there is the Jeep box setup....it's basically a bolt in also...
read around, tons of information here....

:beer::beer:

Do you have SPAL electric fans as well? I've been looking at the dual 11" set-up. Damn I need a lot of stuff!!

Do you have SPAL electric fans as well? I've been looking at the dual 11" set-up. Damn I need a lot of stuff!!

Check ebay for Spals....or Tom DeWitt, do some shopping there....but I have Dual Spals, and LOVE them, they cool nice at freeway speeds, and suck enough air to cure a Florida hurry caine......

only combo I know of with them little rubber flappers in the shrouds to encourage freeway airflow, yet when in traffic they suck closed for better flow from the fans .....:sweat:

I purchased a radiator from Dewitt a few weeks back. It's a beautiful piece, but still need to improve the air flow. I'm only running a flex fan without any shroud and it's not enough to keep the big block cool.

Mike, the Dewitt part # on the Spals is SP460. It is the dual 11" kit with fans. Complete with relays, fuses, temp sending unit and mounting bracket.

I purchased a radiator from Dewitt a few weeks back. It's a beautiful piece, but still need to improve the air flow. I'm only running a flex fan without any shroud and it's not enough to keep the big block cool.

I have a dewitts alum with engine driven fan and shroud on my BB. I never have a problem with high temps.

I have a dewitts alum with engine driven fan and shroud on my BB. I never have a problem with high temps.

I don't have a shroud and I'm sure that is most of the problem. With the cost of the shroud and a clutch and fan I figure it's a wash with the electrics.