Brrrrrrrrrrrrr

Ahhhhhhhhhh deer pic's. I have a bunch in my other lap top,but last week the screen took a dump on it:banghead: and so i bought a new one 2 days ago,soon as i figure out how to get all my stuff out of it and in to this one i will post some.

Any thoughts or advice on how to get my files and folders out of my other computer :confused: the screen went black so i can't see anything :bomb:

If you have a desktop you can get a adapter to hook up a laptop hdrive to a destop (different pin configurations) and access the drives on it to copy to the drive. (About 10 bucks on ebay)

Some decent laptops allow a 2nd drive to be added to a 2nd swappable bay (ie thinkpads) as long as the interface is the same, ide or serial, but there are additional adapters out there for that too. PCMCIAI or Cardbus slot adapter is possible too.

You can connect it to a network, boot it without the screen, and use a program like Acronis to clone or backup the drive to another drive on the network and then pick and choose files from the backup. It happens in Linux, so you circumvent all the windows bullshit.

Or most simply, you can pick the files from your weekly backups that I know you have religiously made. :yahoo: :crap: :lol:

If you have a desktop you can get a adapter to hook up a laptop hdrive to a destop (different pin configurations) and access the drives on it to copy to the drive. (About 10 bucks on ebay)

Some decent laptops allow a 2nd drive to be added to a 2nd swappable bay (ie thinkpads) as long as the interface is the same, ide or serial, but there are additional adapters out there for that too. PCMCIAI or Cardbus slot adapter is possible too.

You can connect it to a network, boot it without the screen, and use a program like Acronis to clone or backup the drive to another drive on the network and then pick and choose files from the backup. It happens in Linux, so you circumvent all the windows bullshit.

Or most simply, you can pick the files from your weekly backups that I know you have religiously made. :yahoo: :crap: :lol:

OK let me see if i understand this. I have a desktop and i purchased a new laptop,so can i use the adapter cable and transfer straight to my new lap top,or do i have to use my desk top??
And yes i have a back up file that updated itself.
can you show me a link to this cable you mentioned,you don't have to find one right now,but some time if stumble across one so i can see what it is, I am not a computer guy :push:
Also maybe you can help with this problem too, I use Photo bucket.com and i cant paste the IMG link with my new lap top,i just tried,i would copy the IMG link and when i tried to paste it in a post the paste link was grey not black,i'm sure it's something i do not have turned on on this new lap top but i have no clue

You must physically take the laptop hdrive out and plug it into the desktop with something like this.
http://cgi.ebay.com/LAPTOP-HARD-DRI...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Confirm that both interfaces are ide or what each box has.
Serial ATA interfaces are also available as are combinations.

Photobucket's bottom line marked "IMG Code" under the pic thumbnail should allow the curser to turn into a hand and when left clicked it should popup a yellow copied balloon for a split second saying it was copied into ram memory. Alternately you can right click when hovering over the words "IMG Code" and choose copy shortcut from the drop menu.

Then in the post screen with the curser where desired, I just do CTRL-V to paste the link or you can do the right click and paste from the drop down menu.

Your copy and paste functions (CTRL- C and V) are basic windows functions and should always work as they just access ram memory, no settings required.

Just in case, with a new computer do all your Windows updates. I have had over 200 updates on some new computers depending on the dates they were built.

BTW, to what media were your backups written to????

There are 2.5 people in the world these daze that figger that shit out for me.....wife and then her daughter......and when they walk away scratching for a answer.....I call Phil at Omni computer.....he is agout 53 or so, an EE who got into programming decades ago....he knows more than MSFT or Apple about this shit.....I call him, and 60 bux and ten seconds later, i'ts FIXED.....

:bonkers::bonkers::flash:

Last edited:
There are 2.5 people in the world these daze that figger that shit out for me.....wife and then her daughter......and when they walk away scratching for a answer.....I call Phil at Omni computer.....he is agoue 53 or so, an EE who got into programming decades ago....he knows more than MSFT or Apple about this shit.....I call him, and 60 bux and ten seconds later, i'ts FIXED.....

:bonkers::bonkers::flash:

60 bucks for 10 secs? You been ripped.

You must physically take the laptop hdrive out and plug it into the desktop with something like this.
http://cgi.ebay.com/LAPTOP-HARD-DRI...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Photobucket's bottom line marked "IMG Code" under the pic thumbnail should allow the curser to turn into a hand and when left clicked it should popup a yellow copied balloon for a split second saying it was copied into ram memory. Alternately you can right click when hovering over the words "IMG Code" and choose copy shortcut from the drop menu.

Then in the post screen with the curser where desired, I just do CTRL-V to paste the link or you can do the right click and paste from the drop down menu.

Your copy and paste functions (CTRL- C and V) are basic windows functions and should always work as they just access ram memory, no settings required.

Just in case, with a new computer do all your Windows updates. I have had over 200 updates on some new computers depending on the dates they were built.

OH BOY :amazed: i better find somebody that know's computers and let them do the transfer,if i try that i see a huge FUBAR happening.
On the photo bucket deal i will try again,it worked on my other lap top,and on my desk top computers,and this new one has been doing updates ever since i got it :smash:

OH BOY :amazed: i better find somebody that know's computers and let them do the transfer,if i try that i see a huge FUBAR happening.
On the photo bucket deal i will try again,it worked on my other lap top,and on my desk top computers,and this new one has been doing updates ever since i got it :smash:

I consider it a bargain, considering he comes HERE to use MY shit in his efforts, not some damn Geek Squad crap at BB/CC type joint....kids that know a little bit and fuck up the machine even worse, some times.....

I dunno, seems like for ME anyway, every damn time I run some damn Norton/McAfee type program....THAT is when the machines go crazy and lock down and don't respond, go to the death screen mode, won't boot....always SOMEdamnthing.....for instance being with Comcast they run A/V software on the servers or some such crap, and so I been naked for over 2 years now.....wife is paranoid though.....I save my cool pictures to the thumb drive....so that's the backup...other than that, I got nothing t loose.....emails?? so what??...

:zzz: I had someone from MSFT tell me the reason FFox is so much faster a browser is that it's not loaded down with all the 'add ons'.....which I certainly don't miss one bit....

like pix file formats.....gotta be kidding, must be a list of 20 ways to store a pix....for me it's .jpg or forgetaboutit.....dumbasses....it works well for documents too.....good enough to read anyway, the one I HATE is that Adopey outfit....that reader is the most clunky damn flickering POS to read anything on, it's pathetic....freeking nitwits....:amazed::cussing:

Give me the model #'s of the computers and I'll see what I can find that will work the easiest.
Not that big a deal, if I can do it, anyone can. :wink:

Give me the model #'s of the computers and I'll see what I can find that will work the easiest.
Not that big a deal, if I can do it, anyone can. :wink:

PM sent to you :surrender:

I consider it a bargain, considering he comes HERE to use MY shit in his efforts, not some damn Geek Squad crap at BB/CC type joint....kids that know a little bit and fuck up the machine even worse, some times.....

I dunno, seems like for ME anyway, every damn time I run some damn Norton/McAfee type program....THAT is when the machines go crazy and lock down and don't respond, go to the death screen mode, won't boot....always SOMEdamnthing.....for instance being with Comcast they run A/V software on the servers or some such crap, and so I been naked for over 2 years now.....wife is paranoid though.....I save my cool pictures to the thumb drive....so that's the backup...other than that, I got nothing t loose.....emails?? so what??...

:zzz: I had someone from MSFT tell me the reason FFox is so much faster a browser is that it's not loaded down with all the 'add ons'.....which I certainly don't miss one bit....

like pix file formats.....gotta be kidding, must be a list of 20 ways to store a pix....for me it's .jpg or forgetaboutit.....dumbasses....it works well for documents too.....good enough to read anyway, the one I HATE is that Adopey outfit....that reader is the most clunky damn flickering POS to read anything on, it's pathetic....freeking nitwits....:amazed::cussing:

Gene! what are you rambling about :suicide: time to get back to hunting and the great outdoors :thumbs:

Back to hunting…my friend arrowed this buck at my house last year on Thanksgiving Day.

24048fbccad50e46.jpg

Thats a nice deer :thumbs: if i can get my new puter working correctly i have some i will post up.

I noticed in a couple pictures people have posted (Kevin), sense when does a deer have a cow's hoof,, is there cross breeding going on or was there something to hide?